So, you’re on the lookout for the best free survey tools, huh?
Sit back. Take that sip of your lemonade, and relax. Because your search ends here.
Presenting to you the 13 best online survey tools and apps of 2022. Survey creators that fetch feedback from the target audience, help you identify what works and what doesn’t, and shed light on how to improve the overall experience.
From gathering customer feedback and product feedback to conducting market research and employee engagement surveys, these free online survey makers can help you derive business insights.
Here’s what we’ll cover in the blog:
- 13 best online survey tools
- What is the use of online surveys?
- How to select the best online survey creator?
13 Best Online Survey Tools and Apps of 2022
So, here are the best online survey creators to look for in 2022.
- Google Forms
- SurveyGizmo (Now Alchemer)
- Zoho Survey
- Kwik Surveys
1. SurveySparrow: Best for Conversational Surveys
One of the best free survey tools out there, SurveySparrow lets you turn boring surveys into pleasant conversations. This free survey maker assists you in creating surveys that are extremely engaging and presents a chat-like experience with the comfort of your smartphone.
Let’s take a look at some of the features offered by this survey platform and why it is one of the best online survey software in the market.
- Free online surveys: Send customer surveys or NPS surveys that are multi-device compatible
- White-label your surveys: Make the surveys all about you by adding your brand logos and colors.
- Customize your surveys: of your surveys using custom CSS and vibrant survey templates to choose from
- NPS benchmark: Benchmark your NPS score and see how your NPS scores fare against prominent companies around the globe.
- Conduct performance appraisals: Drive employee productivity with 360 degree feedback software
- Vibrant dashboard: Gain rich insights into the extracted data
- Employee engagement surveys: Send customer feedback surveys, employee satisfaction surveys and check employee pulse and customer pulse
- Chatbot for websites:Add chatbots to your websites
- Integrations: Integrate with hundreds of applications
- Automate workflows: Automate continual workflows and send recurring surveys and offline surveys
- Multiple survey share options
To create conversational and engaging online surveys, you can sign up for FREE on SurveySparrow…
14-Day Free Trial • No Credit Card Required • No Strings Attached
The friendly Conversational User Interface (CUI) resembles the respondent as a messaging app. You can either choose a template or build one from scratch. You also have options such as Display Logic, Drag and drop, and many more to keep it interesting for the respondents. Reasons enough to make SurveySparrow one of the best survey tools for your business. Plus, there’s been some fantastic user reviews of surveysparrow as well.
With the built-in automation of SurveySparrow, you can schedule re-surveying at regular intervals and share the results across all the channels with their respective audience. You can also comprehend the data collected much more easily, thanks to the analytic reports and insights provided by SurveySparrow. A cool online survey tool, through and through. And affordable too! You’ll have all the right reasons to love SurveySparrow.
2. Typeform: Best for neat UX
- Typeform is a SaaS company that lets users create their own surveys.
- It runs smoothly on all devices and has a unique interface that only shows one question at a time. The Typeform editor enables you to drag-and-drop the form fields into the spots that you choose.
- While we are at the topic of choosing, why don’t you check out these top Typeform alternatives?
- ‘Core plan’, the free version of Typeform comes with features such as unlimited questions and answers, custom-designed themes, data export options as well as ready-made templates and basic reporting features for the fast-paced world.
Pricing: Starts at $35 per month.
3. Hubspot: Best for Customer Service
HubSpot is an all-in-one CRM that allows users to create and customize surveys that sync with your entire customer database.
Included within their free marketing tools, users get access to HubSpot’s form builder, a drag-and-drop builder to create standalone, pop-up, embedded, and other online forms and surveys to collect and store contact details and customer feedback.
For forms, you can start building custom forms or start with a premade template. With HubSpot’s free CRM tools, you get access to their forms, email, prospect tracking, customer service live chat, and even a meeting scheduler. With HubSpot, you don’t stop with forms but get access to a wide range of business operation tools.
Pricing: Starts at $45 per month.
4. SurveyMonkey: Best for survey reports
- One of the well-known online survey tools, SurveyMonkey provides its users with 15 diverse types of survey questions including Likert scales and open comments.
- SurveyMonkey has features that aides you to collect data online as well as offline through mobile devices.
This survey creator also has features that would enable you to generate reports, analyze and backup survey data. However, it lacks a feature that makes it less suitable for measuring overall satisfaction or re-surveying customers after an interval. Maybe you should look up the top SurveyMonkey alternatives as well?
Pricing: Starts at $31 per month.
5. Qualtrics: Best for AI
- A powerful Online Survey App, Qualtrics pushes the limitations of traditional surveys. Qualtrics offers around 100+ types of questions, various ready-made survey templates.
- They don’t stop with that, they have enabled features such as logic branching, email triggers and display logic for a pleasant experience.
- You can also choose from over 30 different graph types and export results to CSV or SPSS in their real-time web reports.
Pricing: Contact to get a quote
6. Google Forms: 100% free surveys
- Google Forms, is one of the best free survey tools that lets you put together surveys quickly and easily via their convenient drag & drop interface. You can customize the design of the surveys.
- Moreover, the platform also provides you with real-time response information and charts. The added bonus is that the collected data can also be synced with other Google products.
- You can gather everything in something like a spreadsheet and analyze the data in Google Sheets. With data validation rules, the email addresses can be formatted correctly and people can get suitable questions for them.
- Google Forms serve as an excellent quiz maker too especially for educational professionals.
Pricing: You can use Google Forms for free.
7. SurveyGizmo (Now Alchemer): Best for automations
- An easy-to-use survey tool, that is what SurveyGizmo is.
- It also comes with pretty good automation capabilities, such as piping answers to new questions, sending emails/notifications based on responses, and such.
- In addition, it provides a wide variety of question types and filtering options in order to ensure the proper questions are being asked.
However, the pricing is rather steep and the reporting needs some work. Despite the unpopular pricing, SurveyGizmo still remains one of the best survey apps in the market.
Pricing: Starts at $25 per month.
8. QuestionPro: Best for polls
- One of the leading online survey tools, Question Pro helps you create efficient surveys, polls, and quizzes within minutes. The shareable, robust analytical reports makes it a great tool for business enterprises.
- The online survey platform offers multilingual customizable surveys, multiple survey templates with more than 30 question types along with branding provisions for the users.
- However, the steep learning curve and slow customer support may hinder a smooth workflow.
Pricing: The pricing plan starts at $15 per month.
9. Zoho Survey: Best for UI
- Zoho Survey is an easy-to-use online survey and questionnaire building software. It has a rich array of features and is a highly user-friendly tool. It works seamlessly as long as your needs are basic.
- The tool is just not capable of handling complex requirements.
- This online survey creator has a range of templates, but limited customizing options. Once you outgrow the free version you have to bite the bullet and get the standard version, which is not the best there is.
- Furthermore, Zoho surveys haven’t got the most modern user interfaces.
Pricing: The pricing plan starts at $20 per month.
10. Kwik Surveys: Best for quick surveys
- Kwik Surveys is quick, no surprises there! It is a very user-friendly tool and anyone can seamlessly create a survey with the least efforts.
- On another note, upgrades don’t come cheap with this survey maker and the customizing options aren’t many. Kwik Surveys are often labeled as boring because it is way too simple than is necessary.
Pricing: Starts at $12.99 per month
11. JotForm: Best for survey templates
- JotForm is one of the leading creative online form builder apps known by its intuitiveness and ease of use. With fairly decent analytics and integrations, JotForm combines powerful features in its online form.
- If you need to generate leads, distribute surveys, collect payments and more, JotForm is for you.
- The overall layout and design of default JotForm forms are very pleasant and easy to use. However, the customization options are very limited and the billing structure is often found to be fluctuating.
- Moreover, logic branching isn’t sophisticated enough to handle complex requirements. Their customer service does slack and you may never hear back from them, especially if you are a free user.
Pricing: Starts at $15.83 per month
12. SurveyLegend: Best for drag and drop surveys
- SurveyLegend is known for making surveys that are much more pleasing to the eyes.
- What makes the online survey tool a client favorite is its simple learning curve and easy-to-use drag and drop interface, which allows them to build decent surveys in minutes.
- The survey app is highly customizable and lets you put together surveys with the help of a myriad of templates and share them through multiple channels like email, SMS, social media, etc. with a single click!
- The powerful real-time analytics lets you collect insights and information about your customers effortlessly.
- Overall, SurveyLegend is a free survey creator that’s fairly good but you can’t expect it to be as mobile-friendly as it claims to be.
Pricing: Plans start at $15 per month.
13. SoGoSurvey: Best for quizzes
- Automating data collection is simply a cakewalk with an online survey tool like SoGoSurvey in place.
- Apt for both small and large enterprises, SoGoSurvey lets you painlessly create surveys that are sophisticated enough to meet your requirements.
- From quizzes to customer feedback to employee experience surveys, the online survey tool covers all the vital areas that demand surveys to succeed.
- With its deep analytical reports, robust data security intuitive UI, and responsive customer support, the mobile-friendly platform is indeed a tool to be considered.
- However, on the downside, you will have to deal with a steep learning curve and the free version of the software comes with very limited functionalities.
Pricing: Starts at $25 per month.
What is the use of online surveys?
These best free survey tools help you do more than just market research. Here’s what they can help you with:
- Closing customer feedback loop
- Improve customer satisfaction & engagement
- Improve employee engagement
- Benchmark your NPS scores
- Improve product experiences
How to select the best online survey creator?
There are several crucial steps to consider when it comes to choosing the right survey tool. Simply throwing a survey into the web space won’t be barely as effective as pointing it to a particular audience with tailored questions. When online survey tools would help you with the large and difficult part of the work, you need to pitch in with what to ask.
- Control the order of questions you ask and whom you put it out to so that you can avoid bored and confused customers. For example, Pedigree, one of the giants in the pet food industry, is conducting a survey.
- First of all, they will have to determine that the respondent owns a pet. Generally splitting up a survey into several interlocked webpages eludes showing irrelevant questions to the respondent.
- Continuing with the previous example, they may have to discover first what kind of pet they have and then follow up with questions tailored to fit that.
- A question about cat litter won’t make sense to a dog parent and would make him feel that the entire survey doesn’t pertain to his requirements.
Deploying Surveys with the Best Online Survey Tools!
Picking the best survey tools for businesses can be quite demanding – considering many of these Online Survey tools tends to provide many of the same features. Though there are definitely some distinctions between what you get with a paid version and a free online survey tool version.
Typically, the paid versions of online survey tools deliver added capabilities such as:
- Follow up Questions – paid survey apps manage to feed an option to add a follow-up question. This question is based on the response you’ve given to the previous question.
- Data Exporting – Not many survey makers would let you export the data collected unless you upgrade yourself to the paid version.
- Customizing logo – With most of the paid versions of the online survey tools, it is possible for you to get rid of the logo of the survey app and update it with the logo of your choice
- Diverse question types – Though the free survey tools offer loads of question types, including single choice, multiple-choice, drop-downs, ratings, and radio buttons. Paid versions offer more creative and unique types.
Online surveys are the sensory perceptions which detects the pulse and the slightest wave of emotion in the user satisfaction. Today, the world is changing rapidly and everything in it is too. This makes the needs and requirements of the customers more evolved and highly proficient. When flooded with choices most customers prefer quality over price. 1st Financial Training Services conducted a survey which brought in statistics showing that 96% of unhappy customers don’t complain, however, 91% of those will just leave and never come back. These numbers proclaim the criticality of knowing the pulse of your audience effectively.
Everyone is trying to be unique that no one is unique anymore. It’s getting tougher and tougher to stay in the mind of the customer. Be sure that you are not just thinking about what the customer needs now… because there is a high chance that it has already fled the minds of the customer. Prepare and embrace technologies that are meant for tomorrow.
Choose the right online survey tool that works the best for you and start rolling out online surveys now. Happy surveying!