Looking for some top JotForm alternatives?
JotForm is a good tool to create forms and surveys online, but that doesn’t mean it’s the right tool for you.
To make your research a lot easier, we’ve put together a list of the 9 best JotForm alternatives in this article.
9 Best JotForm Alternatives & Competitors of 2023
Here’s a list of all the top 9 competitors to JotForm. Feel free to jump to a section that’s relevant to you:
- Alchemer (formerly SurveyGizmo)
- 4Screens Engageform
SurveySparrow stands out as a free JotForm alternative, thanks to its unique conversational interface for surveys. Its modern, customizable templates are optimized for both desktop and mobile use. The tool also excels in feedback management, which helps businesses capture, analyze, and act on feedback. The platform’s specialty in providing 360-degree employee feedback contrasts it from Jotform, and its ability to seamlessly integrate with popular CRM, marketing, and collaboration tools makes it a versatile choice. Additionally, its omnichannel distribution capabilities across email, web, and social media further enhance its appeal.
- Conversational surveys — Why? Because normal surveys are boring, to be honest. Why make it seem like a task when you can make it look as simple as a conversation?
- NPS software — You can roll out NPS surveys to know how many customers will refer you to their family and friends.
- 360-degree feedback tool — This helps you conduct performance appraisals effortlessly. You can also customize employee 360 reports with SurveySparrow’s 360-degree feedback software.
- In-depth reporting module — SurveySparrow report-savvy dashboard that lets you do cross-tabulation, set advanced report filters and get real-time reports.
- Chatbot for website — These chatbots let you auto-trigger surveys, generate more leads, and offer 24/7 support.
- NPS benchmark — This tool helps to benchmark your NPS with your competitors. In other words, you can know what your NPS score is telling you and compare with industry scores.
- Case management — Through this feature, you can respond to survey feedback in-app without having to switch software.
- Allows automatic scheduling of surveys, which can be beneficial for ongoing feedback or periodic evaluations.
- Offers the ability to brand surveys with your own logo, colors, and domain, enhancing the professional appearance.
- Surveys can be taken without an internet connection, and responses sync once a connection is re-established.
- Has built-in Net Promoter Score (NPS) tracking, which helps businesses gauge customer loyalty and satisfaction.
- Offers detailed analytics and insights, helping users understand survey data with visualizations.
- While offering a comprehensive set of tools, newcomers might need some time to familiarize themselves with all its capabilities.
Pricing: SurveySparrow pricing starts at $19/month for personal use. SurveySparrow also provides a Forever Free plan with limited features and a free trial for testing the product.
Sign up below to try it out.
14-Day Free Trial • No Credit Card Required • No Strings Attached
SurveyMonkey has been in the game for a long time and is known for its robust, refined, and feature-rich platform. It comes decked with a myriad of question types coupled with intricate survey logic, catering to diverse data collection needs, making its way to our JotForm competitors list.
- Customization of themes, logos, and CSS to make the surveys more about you.
- Built-in survey questions
- Hundreds of intriguing online survey templates
- Customization of online surveys and thank you pages
- Filtering extracted data
- Multiple sharing options
- Complex logic and branching
- Extensive Question Library: Offers a wide range of question types and predefined survey templates to suit various needs.
- Advanced Analytics: Provides comprehensive tools for data interpretation, like trend analysis, cross-tabbing, and data filtering.
- Audience Panel: Access to a ready audience for surveys, making market research and sampling easier.
- Collaboration Tools: Allows multiple users to work on surveys, share results, and comment collaboratively.
- High Customizability: Custom branding options including logos, themes, and thank-you pages to align with company branding.
- Security Features: Offers SSL encryption, two-factor authentication, and compliance standards to ensure data safety.
- Scalable Plans: Various pricing tiers to cater to different organizational needs, from individual users to large enterprises.
- Cost: Premium features can be pricey, especially for small entities.
- Learning Curve: Its vast features can be overwhelming for beginners.
- Limited Free Version: Restrictions on questions and response data.
- Customization: Advanced customization is limited to higher-tier plans.
Price starts from $25/user
These set of features make SurveyMonkey to our JotForm competitors list. You can also check out our article that compares different SurveyMonkey alternatives.
Typeform is a JotForm alternative that offers a clean and smooth platform to design surveys.
Headquartered in Barcelona, Typeform has been quick to gain traction, and has emerged to become very popular in a short span of time. So let’s take a look at why Typeform makes it to our top JotForm competitors list
- User-friendly and smooth interface
- Minimal templates and designs with plenty of customization
- Flexible pricing plans to suit all your needs
- Survey automation and user segmentation
- Custom thank you screens
- Easy payment acceptance
- Built-in survey questions and email share options
- Excellent reports dashboard with multiple download formats
- Photo and video libraries help you build beautiful forms
- Build different question paths to tailor your forms with Logic Jumps
- Add a Facebook pixel ID or Google Tag Manager code snippet for site analytics
- Integrate your Typeform account with dozens of apps
- You can trigger actions on submit or redirect audiences to any website
- Unlimited typeforms on the free plan
- Though stylish, the design can be restrictive for those wanting a different look beyond the platform’s signature appearance.
- Users can’t fill out forms without an active internet connection.
- Fewer question types compared to some other platforms.
- The free version has a cap on monthly responses.
The basic plan starts at $25/month
Takeaway: Typeform can be your go-to portal for your basic survey needs. That’s exactly why it is one of the best JotForm competitors out there. But if you’re on the lookout for other, more affordable Typeform alternatives, feel free to read this blog.
Formstack is a versatile online form builder offering advanced features like A/B testing, an intuitive user interface, and extensive data integrations. It supports multi-step approval workflows, provides in-depth data analytics, and ensures HIPAA compliance for healthcare data. Additionally, with plugins for document generation and e-signatures, as well as custom branding options, Formstack has made it to our list of top JotForm competitors.
- Making online surveys based on your business requirements
- Can be integrated with a plethora of apps
- A massive library of templates and themes
- Easy online payment collection
- Customizable and trackable reports
- Conditional logic
- Affordable pricing options
- Forms are very easy to build. Truly a drag-and-drop solution.
- Advanced features such as logic questions and A/B testing are seamlessly integrated.
- Great admin portal for those managing account.
- While it offers templates, the variety might not be as extensive as some other platforms.
- Advanced customization might require knowledge of CSS or other technical skills.
- Editing forms on mobile devices might not be as seamless as on desktop.
Starter (priced $50/month), Platform Teams (priced $225/month), Enterprise (requires a custom quote).
Takeaway: All these features, combined with the ease of setup, make Formstack one of the top JotForm competitors to look out for in 2021.
#5: Alchemer (formerly SurveyGizmo)
Alchemer is an easy-to-use survey tool that’s well known for its features and interface. The smooth UI combined with a plethora of other features is why it made its entry to our list of top JotForm competitors.
- Vibrant dashboard
- Excellent 360-degree feedback tool
- Skip logic and question branching
- Supports audio, image, and videos
- Complete survey customization
- All-device compatibility
- In-built email
- Offline response collection
- Customer feedback surveys, employee engagement surveys, and polls.
- Alchemer provides a wide range of question types and design options, allowing users to create surveys that fit their specific needs.
- The platform offers a variety of analysis tools to dissect survey results, which can be vital for businesses and researchers.
- Alchemer supports integrations with various tools and platforms like Salesforce, Tableau, and many others, allowing for seamless data transfer and more advanced workflows.
- Besides the basic survey creation tools, Alchemer offers advanced features like logic branching, quota management, and panel integration for users who need them.
- Surveys created with Alchemer are designed to be responsive, meaning they automatically adjust for optimal viewing on devices like smartphones and tablets.
- Alchemer has features that ensure the confidentiality and security of data, such as SSL encryption and GDPR compliance options.
- With its vast array of features, it might take some time for new users to get acquainted with the platform.
- While Alchemer offers a free version, many of the advanced features are available only on the paid plans, which might be out of reach for some small businesses or individual users.
- Some users have reported occasional slow loading times, especially with longer or more complex surveys.
- While Alchemer offers various templates, some users feel they are limited in terms of design aesthetics or flexibility.
Alchemer has 3 different plans: Collaborator at $49.00 per user per month. Professional at $149.00 per user per month. Full Access at $249.00 per user per month.
Takeaway: Although it’s a bit expensive on the price spectrum, Alchemer does justice to what it is entrusted with. Therefore, we hope the features listed above are more than enough for this tool to make it to this JotForm competitors list.
Qualtrics is one-of-a-kind JotForm alternative for enterprise companies because of its rich features. Primarily used as a market research software, Qualtrics is a powerful tool that offers pretty much all the features one could ask for.
Let’s take a look at some of the features of Qualtrics and why it makes an entry to our list:
- Simple installation process
- Supports more than 48 languages
- Hundreds of question types
- Allows complex branching and conditions
- Supports multimedia content
- Helps build advanced surveys
- Seamless access to extracted data
- Export data in the form of PDF, CSV, SPSS
- Offers live support
- Helps roll out customer feedback and employee engagement surveys
- Qualtrics offers 100+ question types and ready-to-use templates.
- Easily import questions from past surveys.
- Create, test, and distribute surveys in real time.
- Diverse distribution methods: mobile, in-app, web, chatbots, etc.
- Built-in predictive intelligence and statistical analysis for insights.
- Limited pre-built integrations with business apps, with just five available.
- Panels are restricted to U.S. users and a few selected countries, requiring support contact for setup.
- Less emphasis on data collection experience, with AI mainly centered on analysis.
- Reports can be sluggish with substantial data sets.
- Customization options for surveys are constrained.
Qualtrics pricing is available on request.
Takeaway: As a result, Qualtrics is widely used by enterprises around the globe. But this makes the software way too expensive for small businesses out there. Sure, it serves the purpose, but are you willing to go the extra mile for features that you might not even use? Especially when there are other better Qualtrics alternatives in the market!
QuestionPro is a survey software used by organizations to create online polls. It has a set of rich features that make it one of the top JotForm competitors in 2021.
The features offered by this JotForm alternative include:
- Complex logic and conditional branching
- Seamless share options including QR code sharing
- Drag and drop survey editor
- Smooth interface and reporting module
- Export the received data in CSV, SPSS, or excel format
- Multimedia integration and support
- Advanced app integrations
- Massive template library
- Drag-and-drop editor for quick and effortless form and survey building.
- Built-in templates are available for both free and paid plans.
- Form widgets, including the checklist, e-signatures, image slider, and more.
- Edit and customize your forms and surveys with the help of left and right sidebars
- The interface is somewhat outdated and visually unappealing.
- Insufficient customization for many projects’ needs.
- May lack the necessary complexity for certain tasks.
Takeaway: Market researchers prefer QuestionPro for serious research and study. This, combined with the flexible pricing plans, is one of the reasons why this online survey tool has made it our top JotForm competitors list.
#8: 4Screens Engageform
This JotForm alternative is an easy-to-use survey tool that offers a neat and minimal platform to design and share surveys. It also helps businesses generate leads through polls, quizzes, and mobile-friendly surveys.
- Intuitive admin panel
- Mobile-ready surveys and polls
- Offers custom survey URLs and conversion tracking
- Helps in customer targeting
- Multi-channel sharing options
- Multi-device support
- User-friendly interface.
- Interactive features for engagement.
- Quick form creation.
- Mobile-responsive design.
- Basic customization options.
- Limited complexity for advanced projects.
- Basic features compared to more advanced tools.
- Constraints on customization.
- Integration limitations.
Starts at $20.00 per month
Takeaway: Engageform is one of those JotForm alternatives where you don’t need any prior coding knowledge. What’s more, real-time insights in addition to affordable pricing options make Engageform one of the JotForm competitors to look out for in 2021.
Cool name for a survey platform, right? Wufoo pretty much offers the same features as the others on our list. But then, you may ask why is it in this list? It’s because of the ease with which it offers these features.
Wufoo primarily used to create online polls, quizzes, and online surveys.
- Intuitive design and engaging interface
- Dynamic based logic
- Complex logic and conditions
- Help accept payments with ease
- Custom branding and styling
- Customize tons of themes and designs
- Create flawless workflows
- Integrate with applications
- Custom reports and data export
- Real-time notifications
- Seamless integrations and data transfer
- The form manager dashboard needs more improvement.
- Needs more design options.
Starts at $14.08/month
Takeaway: These rich features, in combination with the ease of use, make Wufoo one of the top JotForm competitors in 2023.
Why Consider JotForm Competitors?
Let’s see why you might want to consider alternatives to JotForm.
JotForm, as you may already know, has been in the market for a considerable amount of time. Their massive library of rich themes and templates is one of their major selling points.
But while JotForm is feature-rich and boasts of multi-device support, it has its limitations.
For example, JotForm doesn’t offer as many customization options as it should. We believe that’s a must-have feature for an online survey tool because users should have the freedom to play around, and get creative with their surveys.
What’s more, while they have a massive number of templates, there isn’t much work-around on designs and themes.
JotForm Competitors: Comparison Table (Pricing, User Ratings & Reviews)
Here’s a quick peek into the different pricing plans and ratings of the top 9 JotForm competitors.
|SurveySparrow||Free plan – $0/month||4.5 (1000+ reviews)|
|SurveyMonkey||Starts at $25/month||4.4 (17,299 reviews)|
|Typeform||$25/month||4.5 (450 reviews)|
|Formstack||$59/month||4.4 (268 reviews)|
|Alchemer||$49/month||4.4 (699 reviews)|
|Qualtrics||On quote basis||4.4 (2,349 reviews)|
|QuestionPro||Essentials plan – $0/month||4.4 (139 reviews)|
|Engageform||Starter plan – $19/month||4.6 (11 reviews)|
|Wufoo||$0/month||4.2 (277 reviews)|
With that, we end our list of the top JotForm competitors to check out this year.
No tool would offer you a cherry on top if you don’t pick the right one. We hope this list of tools similar to JotForm helps you choose the right survey tool. Happy surveying!