Looking for a detailed comparison of SurveyMonkey vs Qualtrics?
We’ve got you covered!
In this article, we compare two popular survey tools, SurveyMonkey and Qualtrics, to help you decide which tool is best for your unique needs.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- SurveyMonkey vs Qualtrics: Introduction
- Features of SurveyMonkey vs Qualtrics
- SurveyMonkey Integrations and Plugins vs Qualtrics Integrations and Plug-ins
- Pre-designed Templates of SurveyMonkey vs Qualtrics
- SurveyMonkey vs Qualtrics: Pricing
Ready? Let’s get started.
SurveyMonkey vs Qualtrics: Introduction
One of the oldest online survey tools in the market, SurveyMonkey is considered one of the top Qualtrics competitors.
Started in 1999, SurveyMonkey provides an online survey tool and a suite of back-end programs. Today, it is a market leader and has more than 60 million users worldwide.
- Their website says that more than 20 million questions are answered every day using their software.
- Also, SurveyMonkey has many specialized products that add more strength to its core survey tool. Each of these products ensures that businesses get the most from their surveys.
- Moreover, SurveyMonkey hosts different types of templates, including customer satisfaction, customer loyalty, event surveys, market research, opinion polls, concept testing, employee engagement, etc.
- In 2021, SurveyMonkey relaunched and rebranded itself as Momentive, an experience management solution.
Qualtrics too is one of the oldest companies in the online survey industry; it started back in 2002. Then in 2018, SAP bought Qualtrics for $8 billion.
- In March 2020, Qualtrics’ CoreXM platform was named a 2020 gold winner by the Edison Awards in the Applied Technology category.
- Qualtrics became the first employee management platform for measuring employee experiences through key metrics powered by predictive intelligence.
- Researchers often use Qualtrics as a survey tool and combine it with SPSS to analyze their survey data on employee experiences and many other types of survey data.
- Qualtrics has 2 million users in 100+ countries. More than 1 billion surveys are taken using the tool every year.
Looking for budget-friendly alternatives to both of these players? Try SurveySparrow for free.
14-Day Free Trial • No Credit Card Required • No Strings Attached
14-Day Free Trial • No Credit Card Required • No Strings Attached
SurveyMonkey vs Qualtrics: Features
#1. Powerful Dashboard
- The dashboard that SurveyMonkey offers is visually appealing and is extremely powerful because of how it is presented.
- You can use automatic charts and summaries to get quick insights from the survey results.
- It even puts the survey results in the form of a word cloud so you can figure out what are the most commonly used words.
- The dashboard even allows you to measure your response against the benchmarks in the industry.
- Use advanced filters to find out more about the responses.
#2. Create Surveys with Ease
- SurveyMonkey has a plethora of survey templates that can be used for any kind of questionnaire that you want to send, be it for your customers, employees, or even your target audience.
- The sample questions have been written by copy experts who know how to make people give appropriate responses.
- All of this makes the process of creating surveys extremely easy.
- The learning curve is almost zero when it comes to drafting surveys with SurveyMonkey.
#3. Plan Options
- If you want a plan for individual users or multiple users, SurveyMonkey has a solution for everyone.
- You can even create workflows to ensure that you get the insights that you want specifically.
- From the entire survey creation process, you can work with other team members to make sure there is perfect sync between you to get the objectives fulfilled.
#4. Share Surveys Securely
- It becomes immensely easy to share the surveys with each of the stakeholders in your team.
- You don’t have to worry about it falling into the hands of people who are not authorized to.
- You can use flexible permission controls to share surveys securely.
- The results of your survey can be exported in various formats – CSV, PPT, SPSS XLS, and PDF.
#5. Offers Custom Survey Experiences
- The survey creator can choose from dozens of survey themes, change colors, and fonts, adjust layouts, etc.
- You can white-label the surveys and host them on your site.
- For on-brand surveys, you can add your logo or other branded images.
#6. Multilingual Surveys
- With SurveyMonkey multilingual surveys, businesses can reach their customers from any part of the world, that too in their own language.
- People will be happy to fill out surveys in their native tongue as they will be able to relate more to it.
#7. Rich Text Interface
- The survey can be customized as much as you want.
- Edit questions if you are taking the templates directly from Survey Monkey.
- It is an enjoyable affair to be able to change the survey according to your expectations.
#8. Close the Feedback Loop
- With the help of SurveyMonkey’s online survey tool, you will even be able to close the feedback loop with ease.
- How does the tool specifically help with the feedback loop? Because it is designed in such a way that the business is prodded to close it.
#9. A/B Testing
- Want to know which is the best copy that elicits the highest response rates? You can do that as well with SurveySparrow.
- You will be able to increase the response rates of surveys based on this.
#10. Advanced Survey Logic
- With SurveyMonkey, you can increase the effectiveness of the survey by using techniques like branching, piping, quotas, block randomization, etc. All of these features are available on the tool.
- You can even use custom variables if you want to track data about respondents by passing one or more survey links.
Below are some of the features of Qualtrics.
#1. Survey Templates
- Qualtrics has 50+ expert-designed survey templates. The templates for marketing are Creative & A/B Testing, Demographic poll, event signup, planning and feedback, customer satisfaction, etc.
- HRs can use the following pre-designed survey templates: employee suggestion box, employee exit interview, new hire onboarding, interview feedback, help desk, etc.
- Testing, product satisfaction, new product ideas, pricing study, etc., are some of the templates for the product team.
#2. Availability of Different Formats
- When using Qualtrics, you have more than 8 question types and 15 questions per survey based on your requirements.
- With an omnichannel strategy for distributing the Survey, you can send it to customers via emails, SMS, in-app, etc.
#3. Ease of Use
- Even if you are someone who cannot code, or you’re not familiar with the concept of surveys, you don’t have to worry.
- There are pre-built templates (which we have mentioned above) available along with resources that you can use to draft the survey with ease.
#4. Drag-and-drop Interface
- Most online tools have a drag-and-drop interface if it entails you building something from the ground up. Qualtrics is no exception.
- The intuitive interface helps you to easily draft the questions.
#5. Built-in Intelligence
- Qualtrics’ feature called ExpertReview analyzes each question in real-time and offers recommendations that will increase the quality of the data that you will get.
- It uses statistical and text analytics to get the insights that you want.
- The product was built using artificial intelligence and other best practices to create a superior one.
#6. Target the Right Customers
- It uses more than 20+ targeting variables, starting from geolocation, customer segments, site behavior, etc., to ensure that the ones you send the survey to are a part of your target market.
- You can even use surveys made through Qualtrics to drive conversation and gather the right feedback.
#7. Enterprise-Grade Data Security
- Qualtrics’ online survey software has all the security features that an enterprise-grade software would have.
- Right from data encryption, continuous network monitoring, redundancy, etc., every data security is available.
- From financial institutions to government agencies, anyone can use Qualtrics and not worry about losing data or compromising it.
#8. Custom Programming
- Do you not want to use the text editor at all to create the survey? By using Qualtrics’ API, you can apply your own custom code to automate survey creation.
- Custom programming provides total flexibility where you have control of the logic, question types, multimedia, embedded data, etc. Python, Java, Node JS, you can create surveys using them.
#9. Real-time Testing
Create surveys and test them in real-time by sharing them across departments and with a beta group that is interested.
SurveyMonkey vs Qualtrics: Integrations and Plugins
Even if the survey software doesn’t have all the functionalities, it should at least be able to integrate with other software. Integrations and plugin availability also mean that your customers can sync data from other sources with ease.
Businesses will look into the aspect of integration and plugins too because it makes their life easy. There will be fewer inventory sync issues, quick resolution of problems, and will keep your customers satisfied.
Moreover, integrations result in lower IT costs, lower customer churn, real-time visibility, employee productivity, and more. Data that are scattered in different places is difficult to use properly. But if software integration is possible, then you can pull data pretty easily.
- SurveyMonkey has integration capabilities with software that help with overall utility.
- The integrations are available for software in the following domain: email, events, marketing, productivity, social, customer support, digital gifts, education, CRM, analytics and reporting, G Suite, and Office 365.
- For productivity-related functions, Automate.io, Blendr.io, Built.io flow, Cisco Webex teams, Constructive, Freshservice, and more are available.
- For email-related functions, Constant Contact, Email Manager, Emma, Mad Mimi, ZenDesk, etc., are available.
- Salesforce, HubSpot, Affinity Canvas, Akita, Bpmonline Connector, Gainsight, etc., are some of the CRM integrations possible.
- The Qualtrics survey tool also has a variety of integrations based on its functionalities.
- Some of the integrations available are:
Tableau, Facebook Messenger, JIRA, Adobe Analytics, Sawtooth Technologies, Pendo.io, Stella Connect integration, SocketLabs integration, Idiomatic integration, and so on.
SurveyMonkey vs Qualtrics: Pre-designed Templates
Survey templates are customizable in every sense of the word, which means that businesses do not have to start from scratch when drafting a survey. All they need to do is find a template that is closest to their needs. They will also help you identify questions that will make sense for your survey.
- SurveyMonkey has more than 240+ templates that will help its clients create a survey in just a few minutes.
- Here are some of the templates available:
Management performance, market research, product feedback, B2B survey, business travel form, 360-degree feedback, airline passenger survey, brand awareness survey, customer satisfaction survey, customer feedback survey, employee benefits survey, and more.
- Qualtrics offer more than 100 templates, all built after rigorous deliberations.
- Even a free account user has access to all the templates.
- Here are a few of the templates available with Qualtrics:
Employee satisfaction survey, product research survey, employee onboarding survey, pricing survey, feature prioritization survey, online purchase feedback survey, interview feedback survey, A/B testing survey, candidate experience survey, employee suggestion action survey, and more.
SurveyMonkey vs Qualtrics: Pricing
We know you’ve been waiting for this pricing comparison – more than any other feature in this SurveyMonkey vs Qualtrics comparison. Let’s get straight into it without further ado.
- It has three plans for its users: Basic, Team Advantage, and Team Premier (Team stands for team plans, individual plans are also available).
- The Basic plan is free, and it will not allow more than 1,000 responses per month.
- The Team Advantage plan puts you back by $28/user/month. The Team Premier plan will cost you $75/user/month.
- If you are looking for more features with powerful collaboration tools and resources, then you can get in touch with your custom requirements.
- You can create a free account for your business using Qualtrics to send surveys to your customers.
- It is possible to do most of the tasks, even with its free account. You will get 100 responses, 8 question types, 10 outgoing emails, unlimited questions, one active survey, randomization, survey logic, filtering, no expiration date, and summary reports.
- They offer paid services and you have to get in touch with them to get a quote.
SurveyMonkey vs Qualtrics: Which One Should You Choose?
With the market flooded with hundreds of products, choosing the right one becomes difficult. You certainly cannot work with all of the tools and then try to figure out which one is the best for you.
Not only is it a time-consuming affair, but it is also a frivolous pursuit to find one that is perfect. The onus should be to choose an online survey tool that is good for your business and its goals.
We hope this SurveyMonkey vs Qualtrics comparison was helpful in choosing the best online survey tool. To start with, you can make a list of all the essential and non-essential features that you think should be there in your survey tool, and then start the process of elimination, or pick and choose the one right for you. Here are a few pointers to remember:
- Getting customer feedback becomes extremely easy with the right one.
- Additionally, ensure that your online software tool has enterprise-level security options, flexible themes, powerful features like conditional logic, 360-degree feedback, question handling tools, data analysis, reporting dashboard, mobile-friendly, and a lot of templates.
- Choosing the right online survey tool will make the process of responding to the surveys easy for the respondent.
- Based on your customers preference, you should be able to send the online survey through any channel. The tool you choose should have omnichannel distribution so that you could offer a seamless experience to everyone equally.
On that note…
We’re happy to let you know that SurveySparrow offers you all the above-mentioned enterprise-level features at a way more affordable price than SurveyMonkey and Qualtrics. If you still have doubts about choosing the right survey tool, please check out our top SurveyMonkey alternatives blog.
SurveyMonkey vs Qualtrics: Conclusion
How do SurveyMonkey and Qualtrics fare as a choice for the online survey tool for your business so far? We hope that this SurveyMonkey vs Qualtrics comparison helped you in your decision-making process.
If you think these two aren’t the right for you, then there are other tools too. You cannot slack during the process of finding an online survey tool for your business.
It is a privilege to hear feedback from customers directly without having to employ any other difficult method. All you need to do is send a simple email by drafting the right questions. That’s all.
With the right survey tool, you will be able to give them an experience that will make the responding process pretty easy. And we hope you’ve made up your mind as to which online survey software you should choose from the above SurveyMonkey vs Qualtrics comparison.
Here is another choice for online survey software — SurveySparrow. If conversational surveys are something that you want to incorporate into the emails that you send to your customers, there is no better choice than SurveySparrow.
From automation capabilities using workflows, APIs, and webhooks to text analysis and sentimental analysis to get insights, it has it all. Get in touch with our customer service team to find out how we could help you with your survey needs.