Wondering how to create a pie chart using Google Forms? In this article, we give step-by-step instructions on how to create a google forms pie chart. We also show you an easier way to create pie charts from your survey data.
Here’s what we’ll cover in this article:
- What Are Pie Charts?
- How To Create A Google Forms Pie Chart?
- How to create pie charts with SurveySparrow
What Are Pie Charts?
Before we talk about how to create a Google Forms pie chart, shouldn’t we give a crisp definition?
According to Wikipedia, “A pie chart (or a circle chart) is a circular statistical graphic, divided into slices to illustrate numerical proportion. The arc length of each slice is proportional to the quantity it represents.”
Simply put, a pie chart represents information we seek in a structured manner to facilitate decision-making. And from school to conference rooms, it is used everywhere. It is often criticized for its complexity in interpreting and comparing different slices of information or different pie charts. Nonetheless, it’s still a pivotal piece of indicator for in-depth analysis. And for that reason alone, we’ll see how to create pie charts using Google Forms next.
How To Create A Google Forms Pie Chart?
With no further ado, here’s the 6-step process to creating a Google Forms pie chart;
Step-1: Open Google Forms to create the form or survey for which you need a pie chart.
Step-2: Once you’re done styling and creating the survey, hit send.
Step-3: When all respondents have answered, click on ‘Responses’. Now, click on the Google Sheets icon at the top left of the 3-dot icon. That will open all respondent data inside a spreadsheet on Google Sheets.
Step-4: Inside Google Sheets, select a column and scroll upwards till you reach the cell with the question.
Now click on ‘Insert’ from the toolbar at the top.
Step-5: From ‘Insert’, select ‘Chart’ to generate a chart. Sometimes, when you click on it, you will not get a pie chart directly. Don’t worry about that. You can pick your own charts; a pie chart is one of the first and most frequently used options.
Step-6: Click on the ‘Customize’ tab and alter the pie chart according to your liking.
Create Pie Charts at Ease with SurveySparrow
When it comes to conducting surveys, forms, polls, or quizzes that can make a difference, the software needs to be really powerful, smart, and easy to use. Plus, adapting the surveys based on different business problems is a major requirement for any efficient online survey software.
Create pie charts, vertical/horizontal graphs, line graphs, and more with SurveySparrow.
Create your FREE account today!
The complete solution to all your survey needs. If this has got you interested in choosing SurveySparrow for your next survey, here’s how it’ll make your life easier while bringing the intended results:
Creating pie charts using Google Forms was painstakingly long, right? Plus, there’s exporting of data from one software to another! Too many steps for something so common. Well, with SurveySparrow’s ‘Executive Dashboard’ you create an exclusive dashboard for your survey to visualize all data, effortlessly.
The advantages of an Executive Dashboard include:
- Comparing, correlating & visualizing survey data
- Slicing & dicing all survey data with multiple dashboards
- Creating and customizing widgets that represent information accurately
And the way it works is simpler than you think…
1. First, log in to your SurveySparrow account, and click the ‘+ Create Dashboard’ button at the top right corner, next to the search icon.
2. Next, enter a title and description for future reference. Choose your workspace from the dropdown list to control who can access it. Once you’re done, click on “Create Dashboard”.
3. Click on “Add Widget” at the top right corner to create a new widget for creating graphs.
4. Choose the survey you want to visualize from the dropdown list and choose the preferred graphic representation along with the metric of your choice.
That’s it. Your Executive Dashboard is ready and fully functional.
With SurveySparrow, you can get omnichannel feedback and support. It means your surveys will have a presence on every channel. So, you can share your surveys via Facebook, Twitter, embedded options, and scannable QR code.
Seamless Survey Experience
With its engaging and beautiful survey templates, you can easily and quickly make the survey-taking experience fun. Here’s a hotel reservation survey created using SurveySparrow.
SurveySparrow offers two different interfaces, chat-like surveys, and conversational forms. You’ll get a messaging experience with the chat-like interface.
Various Question Types
The survey software comes with 11 different question types like Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Open-ended questions, Picture choice, Rating, Opinion scale, Matrix type, the famous NPS type, and 4 others!
This is what our team has worked extremely hard on. It’s a part of our vision to provide the best tools and analytics options that can help you make a well-informed decision.
You know, you should just go and sign-up for our 14 days free trial to get all these and much more features at your disposal. Explore as much as you want, and then if you decide to join forces with us, you’ll not get disappointed!
Is Google Forms The Best Survey Software? Hell No!
Ok, so you know the answer? But stating reasons are crucial. Because Google Forms has worked satisfactorily for a long time, although… it’s not perfect. It has some significant drawbacks that you should be aware of.
In the past, users of Google Forms weren’t impressed by the lack of features for conducting a crucial survey, but there are other areas of shortcomings, too. Here’s what we’re talking about;
- First of all, there is no difference in the available features based on a G Suite subscription. You get the same things in Google Forms whether you’re paying or not.
- Using Google poll apps, you cannot create vibrant polls that get immediate attention. The features required just aren’t there.
- The analysis is very superficial and, as you already read, extremely time taking with Google Forms. You have to export responses to Google Sheets for even the basic graphs and analysis. That’s the biggest time taking step.
- There’s no option to accept payments in surveys conducted using Google Forms.
- With Google Forms, with terribly limited options, customizing your survey’s look isn’t easy.
- Yes, Google Forms offer conditional logic (for free!), but it’s limited to only two question types. Isn’t that a deal-breaker?
You probably know all these shortcomings. So our question is, are you willing to spend some bucks on a perfect survey tool for your business needs?
If yes, the next section is for you!
Time For A Decision
Google Forms or SurveySparrow. Exporting data or Executive Dashboard. Limited features or a One-stop survey solution. It’s time you decide what will it be.
With this article, we’ve given you food for thought about how you can create a Google Forms pie chart. Also, why you should start using SurveySparrow for all survey needs? The ball’s really in your court now, and we know you’ll make the right decision.
We’re rooting for your success!
P.S. – For any help, literally any help, talk to us 24/7. We’re all here to help.