Welcome to the world of online form builder apps.
Be it for customer feedback, capture leads, or website feedback, you need forms to collect reliable data. And luckily, there are numerous form creators in the market. Generating contact forms, lead generation forms or payment forms has never been easier.
So how do you choose the best?
Learn how to create a form in seconds, and choose a form creator that works for you from this detailed comparison of the top form builder apps of 2023!
10 Best Online Form Builder Apps of 2023
Let’s make things easier. We have done our bit of prudent research and found out the 10 best online form builder apps that 2023 has to offer. Give it a read.
- Google Forms
- Microsoft Forms
- Zoho Forms
- Gravity Form
1. Best Online Form Builder to Embed Contact Forms & Lead Generation Forms in a Click: SurveySparrow
- Create online forms in seconds using SurveySparrow‘s free form builder tool and guarantee a personalized experience to your users – through customer feedback or market research forms.
- Create free contact forms, web forms, lead generation forms, or payment forms in less than a minute and embed them on your websites with just a click!
- Create highly engaging chat-like forms & conversational online forms that are a hit among the respondents. Our free form creator has helped garner 40% higher response rates.
- Design mobile-friendly online forms and offline forms using this form creator to take the engagement quotient a notch higher, through the recently introduced video surveys.
- Share forms on Twitter, Facebook, or other social channels using our intuitive form builder app. Create automated workflows and embed them through multiple channels as well!
- Design interactive forms using hundreds of templates and themes. Customize the forms and integrate them with a lot of apps.
- Gain seamless audience management, detailed analytical reports, and a click-free dashboard with our free form creator.
Pricing: SurveySparrow provides a range of plans to cater to various needs and budgets. Under Surveys, we have:
- Basic plan: $19/month, personal use.
- Essentials plan: $49/month, designed for small teams.
- Business plan: $99/month, suitable for mid-sized businesses.
- Enterprise plan: Custom-built for large organizations.
For large businesses seeking customized plans and support, the Platform plan is available.
SurveySparrow also offers a Forever Free plan with limited features and a free trial for users to test the product. Sign up below to try it out.
14-Day Free Trial • No Credit Card Required • No Strings Attached
2. Best Form Builder to Create Simple Forms: Google Forms
- Google Forms is clearly one of the most popular and is indeed among the best form creators available.
- The free form builder tool has been built into the GSuite allowing you to pull the data directly into Google Sheets.
- The easy learning curve of this free online form builder app will help you effortlessly create forms in a few minutes.
- The online forms offer a variety of question types including multiple-choice, checkboxes, dropdown, linear scale etc.
- And what’s more? You can even add participants or collaborators to build surveys along with you.
- The intuitiveness and simplicity of Google Forms are phenomenal but if you are looking for a highly professional online form creator for lead generation, then it might not be the best choice owing to its limited templates, customization provisions and basic interface.
Price: Google forms is a free form builder. You need to have a Google account for using the same.
3. Best Online Form Builder to Export Data to Excel: Microsoft Forms
- One of the most intuitive and best online form builders, Microsoft Forms integrates with Microsoft Office Suite to help you collect responses in real-time and visualize the data through reliable analytical charts.
- This online form creator also lets you effortlessly export the responses into Excel for further analysis.
- The users are also given an array of options for customizing the forms as well.
- Microsoft forms are simple and easy to use and even lets the users create forms based on net promoter score. However, on the downside, the form builder app is basic and offers limited question types, which is why it may not be a great option for creating a lead generation form.
Price: Microsoft Forms is a free online form builder. Similar to the case above, you need a Microsoft Account.
4. Best Form Builder to Customize Forms: Typeform
- Typeform is one of those classy form builder tools that lets you create forms that are quite appealing to the eyes.
- The form builder app lets users respond to one – question at a time rather than displaying a series of questions.
- The form creator also lets your users respond easily via mobile as well.
- Unlike the standard radio buttons, Typeform has oversized buttons for an easier experience for the respondents.
- Without a shadow of a doubt, Typeform does allow you to design online forms that are highly interactive and this makes it one of the best form builder apps out there but do watch out for the poor customer support and the steep learning curve.
- Did that put you off? Well, then you can peek into the best Typeform alternatives here.
Price: Starts at $35 per month. Free Version Available.
5. Best Form Builder For Small Businesses & Enterprises:PandaDoc
- PandaDoc form builder software is the newest product launched by them that can easily capture credit card payments through existing integrations like PayPal and Stripe.
- With this software, users can easily create forms with the same document editor which is used for creating quotes, proposals, and contracts in the first place.
- The software can create standalone documents and send them to customers as part of the registration or onboarding process.
- Respondents can create legally binding e-signatures by filling out and signing a form without the need for additional paperwork. Also, one can embed this software seamlessly into the website or any other online workflow.
Price: PandaDoc offers users its plan starting from free to $49 per month per user depending on the features you choose.
6. Best Online Form Builder to Build Dedicated Forms: Formsatck
- Formstack is a form builder app that is strictly dedicated to creating forms alone.
- You can build online forms that are highly professional.
- Formstack is indeed an ideal tool for large-scale businesses.
- You also have an A/B testing provision where you can compare two versions of your forms.
- Another great feature of the form builder is that you can save the drafts of your free online forms and complete it anytime later.
- With its built-in workflows and supportive integrations, the form builder software has become one of the best available yet the outdated form designs and lack of field type varieties may pose slight issues.
Price: The pricing plan starts at $19 per month. Can start with a free trial.
7. Best Online Form Builder to Build Powerful Forms: Wufoo
A descendant of the SurveyMonkey Family, Wufoo is one of the oldest blokes in the list of form maker apps. Well, that’s not all. It is one of the best online form builders in the market. Wufoo has a simple learning curve making it quite intuitive for the users. Being a powerful generator of reports, Wufoo also helps you develop in-depth graphical reports based on the data collected.
Summing up: The highly customizable form builder app has a few disadvantages like its dated UI and poor customer support.
Price: The pricing plan of Wufoo starts at $14 per month. Free Version Available.
8. Best Online Form Builder to Create Workflows: 123FormBuilder
- 123FormBuilder is one of the simplest and best online form creators to use and is quite popular for its intuitiveness.
- The drag and drop form builder lets you make simple, unsophisticated forms within minutes.
- 123FormBuilder also offers forms in multiple languages and several useful integrations.
- With 1000+ templates, 123FormBuilder can be a decent choice if you intend to build basic forms but if you are looking for highly professional forms for lead generation or feedback, the form builder app may not be a wise choice.
Pricing: Starts at $25 per month. Basic Version is free.
9. Best Online Form Builder for Drag & Drop fields: Zoho Forms
- Zoho Forms is one of the most powerful online form creators available.
- The company also has CRM, email, document editing, and accounting tool to its name.
- Zoho forms integrate with all of them facilitating a smooth workflow, provided that you have a Zoho account.
- Build online forms painlessly with the help of drag and drop fields.
- There are around 21 fields to make your forms more personalized though you have fewer templates available.
- You can also collaborate with your team members to view stats, analyze and work on responses.
- Zoho Forms does make for a decent form builder but comes with steep pricing plans.
Pricing: The pricing plan of Zoho Forms starts at $480 per year. Free Version available
10. Best Form Builder for Advanced Forms: Gravity Forms
- Gravity Forms is an online form builder that creates efficient forms for your WordPress-powered website.
- The form builder app also provides you with an array of useful integrations to ease the workflow.
- With this form creator, you can make forms in a couple of minutes, be they basic or advanced forms.
- However, you will have to try a hand at coding when it comes to changing the form templates.
- The steep learning curve coupled with a mediocre customer support system is definitely a downside to the otherwise decent form creator.
Pricing: Starts at $59 per month. Free Demo Available.
What is a Form Builder App?
A form builder app lets you create online forms instantly to collect actionable data and feedback. With a form builder tool in place, you can craft forms the way you like them, automate the workflow, share it across multiple channels, and analyze the trends in the collected data easily.
What are the Qualities of a Good Form Builder App?
Form Builder Apps are many. The market offers a plethora of options. How do you pick the right one for you? Of course, it ultimately depends on your goals. Yet there are some mandatory qualities that a decent form creator should have:
- Ease of Use: The form builder tool should be simple and easy to use so that you can create a form in no time.
- Pre-Built Templates: It should be able to offer you a fair number of templates with a relevant questionnaire.
- Multiple Share Channels: The tool should be able to share your forms through various channels like email, SMS, social, links, etc.
- Customizability: The form maker should let you customize your forms as per your requirements and goals.
Every business has different needs and objectives, which is why the best-fit form builder tool differs from company to company. Here’s something you can do. List out all your requirements and goals that you wish to accomplish through form creators. Then, compare them with the ones listed above and you are sure to find ‘the one’! Well, the fog’s lifted now, isn’t it?