Your website’s UX is of enormous importance. Choosing the right platform for improving your website’s user experience is a big decision. User research helps businesses place people at the center of their product design. Without it, you will build a product that might not resonate with your audience. It helps measure impact and evaluate your current offering.
UserTesting is a user research platform tool that is great for organizations to understand how customers feel when they use their products. If you are concerned about user research and are looking for a tool, read on.
What is UserTesting?
UserTesting is a platform that helps organizations get to know more about their users, watch them interact with your product, and gather data that will help in the future. It has advantages and is great for collecting customer experience feedback using its in-built user research methods. They have a massive panel of testers, provide fast results, and have several powerful features, but it also has its cons. The minimal analytics features that it offers make it less appealing. Localization options are not comprehensive. The quality of testers and the price point is also worrying factor.
It is not the only solution available for this purpose. This article looks at 10 of the top alternatives to UserTesting for the year 2023.
UserTesting Alternatives of 2023
Here are some of the top UserTesting alternatives you should check out…
It is one of the best ways to collect feedback through surveys. SurveySparrow lets you gather contextual feedback at the right time, right place, and from the right people. It allows for several third-party integrations and is used by some of the world’s biggest brands. The enterprise feedback management tool SurveySparrow is excellent for businesses of all sizes. It helps close the feedback loop easily, thereby increasing customers’ trust in your brand.
- Easy to set up without the help of any coders.
- You can deploy several types of surveys, including Net Promoter Score (NPS) surveys, Customer Effort Surveys (CES), System Usability Surveys (SUS), exit-intent surveys, Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) survey, etc.
- Its analytical dashboard is extremely powerful and has advanced reporting capabilities.
- The available pre-designed survey templates make it easy to get started with surveys.
- Use advanced features like skip logic, anonymous surveys, conditional branching, and more to get high-quality insights from users.
- Its simple interface makes it easy to navigate and get the most out of it.
Here’s a product feedback template created using SurveySparrow…
Sign up here to use the above template for FREE…
14-Day Free Trial • No Credit Card Required • No Strings Attached
The CX free plan is perfect for early-stage startups to get started. The CX Basic and CX Premium plans are priced at $99 and $299 monthly, respectively.
2. Usability Hub
This UserTesting competitor is a great research tool for marketers, product managers, designers, etc., who want to do a quick research. Usability Hub is a viral tool that is perfect for comprehensive usability analyses. It is suitable for Web, SaaS, or cloud products. You can also directly recruit from The Usability Hub panel, which has more than 450,000+ participants in it. You can target over 35 demographic attributes to get the right participants.
- Five-second tests help capture the first impression of the design. You can optimize your communication on landing pages and reduce bounce rates.
- It provides video and audio capabilities.
- Its card-sorting abilities help organize content in a way that makes sense to your audience.
- Get powerful feedback from real users by importing your prototype from Figma.
- Collect feedback directly by asking questions to users, validate their assumptions, and avoid missteps.
- Let the participants choose from multiple design options for specific questions.
Apart from their plan, which allows three collaborators, their Basic and Pro plans are available at $89 and $199 per month, respectively. You can get in touch with them directly for a tailored solution.
The user experience platform provides highly insightful information for organizations that have digital products. The end-to-end research platform helps teams manage and measure UX. The tool is mainly targeted at researchers to help them handle scheduling, reporting, and running interviews. UserZoom provides you with behavioral data on the success rate of tasks, visual heatmaps, the amount of time the participant was involved in a particular task, and so on. You can easily share the data gathered from here with your stakeholders.
- It allows a mixed research method, thereby increasing the accuracy of the research.
- Get access to more than 120 million vetted participants.
- You can measure user experience and compare it with that of your competitors.
- SOC2 Type I and SOC2 Type II compliant security features.
- Automated reporting ensures that you get the right results faster.
- Automatic video transcriptions and synced playback are available. It helps you get instant access to qualitative insights.
- Quantify the insights with NPS, trust, and ease-of-use scores.
You must get in touch with them directly to learn about their pricing model.
According to their website, Applause has a human-based approach that goes well beyond the “what” and understands the “why,” thereby helping you make decisions that can be considered customer-first. It helps you get access to participants who match your specific customer profiles. You can gather insights from participants in any location, device, and operating system.
- It helps you get iterative feedback on features or deep analysis to understand complex flows.
- The report you get from Applause has actionable insights with detailed findings, benchmarking, expert recommendations, and a results summary.
- Their community of testers provides in-context feedback and results from independent testers in more than 200 countries.
- If you have an ultra-sensitive project, it lets you choose VIP testers with multi-year testing track records.
- Applause takes care of independent tester engagement and project management.
- Their AI/ML-driven approach to tester engagement identifies the best testing team for your project based on your requirements.
You must get in touch with them directly to understand their pricing.
UX researchers design this UX research platform. Userfeel’s panel consists of more than 150,000 testers who speak 40 plus languages. You can use various demographic filters to get testers representing your target audience. The testing panel can be screened as much as possible by asking a complete set of screener questions.
- Get feedback from unmoderated user testing and live moderated user testing.
- You can also use your testers. They include scheduling tools to ensure a smooth flow.
- Discover bugs and issues on any device.
- Userfeel lets you create as many questions, tasks, and ratings as possible in different formats. It makes the testing process as controlled as possible.
- Add comments and insights to your test sessions.
- You can create a highlights video where you can view the most critical issues.
- It also supports automatic voice transcription for all languages with the help of Google Speech’s API.
Their alternative pricing model doesn’t have subscription-based pricing. Instead, you need to buy credits to use the different features and tests.
- You can customize the feedback menu the way you want.
- Capture and submit issues easily with video recordings and annotated screenshots.
- Target user segments to collect specific feedback at the right time and place.
- You can add roadmap status labels to tasks that you plan to implement. Users will appreciate you for it.
- Allows for 4000+ integrations, including Jira, Azure DevOps, Slack, and GitHub
- Usersnap provides an omnichannel experience by collecting feedback across channels and devices.
- The tool can launch NPS, CSAT, polls, ratings, etc., by user events, URL paths, and time on the page.
Their Startup, Company, and Premium plans are priced at $69, $129, and $249, per month, respectively. For the enterprise-grade version of Usersnap, you need to get in touch with them directly.
It offers B2B message testing, user testing, buyer intelligence surveys, outbound email testing, preference testing, etc. Using the platform, you can validate pain points, develop messaging that resonates with your audience, and increase conversion rates. It lets you target participants by industry and title.
- You get on-demand qualitative insights from verified B2B audiences.
- Get data on the messaging that actually works with your target customer.
- Rapid feedback on your go-to marketing strategy within 12-48 hours.
- Create targeted messages for each segment.
- Identify and validate pain points with your target customers using surveys.
- It comes with pre-made question templates and custom surveys that suit your needs.
- Using its preference testing capability, you can find out which creatives work with your audience.
- Wynter’s screened and verified professionals get you feedback from a targeted B2B audience.
The Wynter Starter plan they offer is a pay-as-you-go plan that starts at $899/test. To get access to the Wynter Monthly plan that unlocks all the benefits, you need to pay $1489/month in test credits. The Wynter Pro option starts at $15,000/year. It also gives you access to research advisory services. The Enterprise Unlimited option lets you run unlimited message tests and qualitative surveys.
8. Optimal Workshop
This user research platform offers UX design, information architecture, and user research solutions. It helps turn insights into action. They have a suite of 5 powerful UX tools to build data-backed experiences for your product, app, or website. Their recruitment panel consists of more than 50+ million participants.
- Optimize your content structure using card sorting.
- Gets you instant feedback on your designs with first-click testing.
- Capture research notes from user interviews and usability tests to get a quick sense of your findings.
- You can get specific about the demographic that you plan to target. It can include job titles, income brackets, interests, and other target market requirements.
- It is GDPR compliant as it consents to data collected from the participants.
- Understand your customers to make informed decisions with the help of online surveys powered by Optimal Workshop.
Their free plan is available forever. Optimal Workshop’s Pro plan is billed for $249/month. The Team plan is priced the same, but it comes with priority support, and you can also scale according to your requirements. Get in touch with them directly to understand the pricing for the enterprise-grade solution.
It provides high-quality quantitative and qualitative data and helps you launch tests within minutes. Small and large companies across the world use this usability testing tool. Users perform real tasks while checking the usability of the site. Loop11 makes organizations understand who and how your website is used.
- You can analyze your website over time to find the change in usability or compare it against competitors.
- It allows you to test wireframes and prototypes before you start the development.
- Loop11 tests multiple designs against each other to determine designs that perform or convert better.
- It offers the right set of insights that will help you build a great information architecture.
- Find the true intent behind each user action.
- You can create and share highlight clips, including timestamped notes.
- Unmoderated and moderated testing facilities are available. You can also bring your own participants for the usability testing research.
- It improves your search engine findability and helps you understand users’ paths.
They offer a 14-day free trial for all the plans. Loop11’s Rapid Insights, Pro, and Enterprise plans are priced at $179, $358, and $533 per month.
It is great to test websites and mobile applications. Here, the users start work using a video camera and a microphone. The designer can observe the reactions of the user in real-time due to this. The errors made while interacting with the site are recorded, helping you easily analyze the user’s reaction. You can get immediate feedback, and it doesn’t require detailed reports.
- Allows testers to call participants.
- Time-stamped notes can be added and saved on the recording.
- You can combine interviews, usability studies, and other tasks within the same project.
- Record participant touches on mobile screens during their session.
- Create short video assets of interesting moments in user interaction.
- Access control enables you to share access only with those who need it.
- Download research sessions verbatim through AWS services.
- Invite other researchers for collaboration.
You can avail of a free 60-day trial for all the plans. The Freelance, Team, and Insights Hub plans are available at $25, $149, and $344, respectively. If you want an enterprise-grade solution, you should get in touch with them directly.
There are several alternatives to UserTesting, and the above are perfect examples. If you haven’t received what you expected from UserTesting, you should look for its alternatives. The tools listed above have a plethora of features that make them compelling. User research provides a foundation for design strategy. Without doing it, you will not be able to give the right end product to your customers. It tells you who your users are, how they will use your product, and what they expect. Having a clear idea about all of this puts you in an excellent position to build the right product.
Contact us if you want to check out SurveySparrow as an alternative to UserTesting. We’ll be more than happy to help you out.
What is an alternative to UserTesting?
Some of the alternatives to UserTesting are SurveySparrow, Maze, Loop11, Usersfeel, Qualaroo, UserZoom, and Discuss. Tools that help you understand what your users want from you are considered good alternatives to UserTesting.
What is similar to UserTesting.com?
Several tools in the market are similar to UserTesting.com. Some of them should have better features while the price point might be high. You want to choose software with all the features you are looking for, and it should be within your budget.
What is a good substitute for usability testing?
If it is impossible to run in-person usability tests, remote usability testing is an excellent option. You can run impressive remote usability tests with the right tool in your arsenal.
What are the other methods of usability testing?
Some top usability testing techniques are guerilla testing, lab usability testing, unmoderated remote usability testing, contextual inquiry, session recording, and card sorting.
What is another name for usability testing?
It is also called a heuristic evaluation or usability audit, where humans test the product’s interface. The testers or users measure the usability and effectiveness of the interface with the help of usability principles.