We understand how difficult the SurveyMonkey vs Google Forms question is, but a detailed comparison between the two (and more!) will help you decide.
Before we dive into the comparison, let’s discuss this important question – How do online surveys help?
SurveyMonkey vs Google Forms: Detailed Comparison
So, time to let the cat out of the bag here. 9 points of detailed comparison to answer the SurveyMonkey vs Google Forms question coming your way:
1. Survey Templates
- SurveyMonkey offers over 200 survey templates that are organized by industry and purpose.
- They have templates for everything, from market research surveys to employee exit interviews.
- There are 40 templates even in its basic plan. So there’s no shortage of templates with SurveyMonkey.
- You get 20 basic templates with Google Forms. You’ll find these in the events, invites, and feedback form categories.
- You don’t have much to choose from when it comes to google forms which leads to faster form creation.
- When it comes to SurveyMonkey vs Google Forms, SurveyMonkey does take an edge here, as visual appeal is massive in today’s time and a wide range of aesthetic templates help you do that.
Here’s a better SurveyMonkey alternative that has 600+ survey templates. Create highly engaging and customizable surveys for FREE. Sign up here!
14-Day Free Trial • No Credit Card Required • No Strings Attached
Price is our first point of comparison. Let’s start with it:
- SurveyMonkey has a free basic plan, but it’s quite limited.
- You get to create unlimited surveys here, but can only ask 10 questions per survey, and collect a maximum of 100 responses.
- To go around these limitations, you have to upgrade to its premium plans starting at $32 per month and $25 per user per month for teams with a minimum of three users.
- This is a free survey tool for anyone with a google account.
- Conduct as many surveys as you want, ask as many questions, and collect responses from all those who are willing. There are just no limitations with Google Forms.
- Yes, the Google suite of products for businesses starts from $6 per month which gives some more advanced features to Google Forms, but otherwise, it costs nothing. Cool, right?
3. Survey Design
- For designing surveys, SurveyMonkey’s free plan doesn’t offer much.
- They have nine pre-designed themes and limited color and font capability.
- But in the premium plan, uploading logos, custom templates, and an array of font, color, and background options are all possible and available.
Even in the higher SurveyMonkey premium plans, removing its branding to put your company’s logo is also possible. The plan we’re talking about here is the $99 per month plan for small businesses, and the $75 per user per month plan for teams.
- Google Forms doesn’t really support customization, especially brand-specific.
- You can just pick a color template, choose from pre-designed themes by category, upload a header image, and choose a font from four available options. That’s fairly limited but enough to start with.
- This survey tool integrates with a lot of applications.
- From email marketing, and project management platforms to customer relationship platforms such as Slack, Microsoft Excel, Trello, WordPress, Mailchimp, Salesforce Sales Cloud, and… phew!
- SurveyMonkey just integrates with so much software, it’s crazy.
- The integration options in Google Forms is only with other Google apps like YouTube, sheets, and google drive.
- They don’t provide in-built integrations with other applications.
5. Team Collaboration
- SurveyMonkey has very dedicated team collaboration features and plans.
- Companies subscribing to its team plan collaboration features like, granular permissions to give different team members the ability to view, edit, or comment on prepared surveys.
- They can also leave comments on both survey previews and results, and send notifications to other members about a change or a comment in the survey.
- Collaboration in google forms is not as impressive as in SurveyMonkey.
- Sure, you can add collaborators, but the only permission it gives is to Edit.
- It does not support comments and has no view-only option. Even when you add collaborators, there’s no notification and record of changes made in the form.
- That makes it hard for team members to stay on the same page without poking each other from time to time.
- And the sole point of collaboration in a survey tool is to eliminate constant communications and meetings between teams. Google forms don’t help here.
6. Array Of Solutions
- Guided employee experience, enterprise feedback management, brand tracking, NPS programs, employee engagement and retention, industry tracking, diversity & inclusion, and customer satisfaction, SurveyMonkey has AI-powered solutions with analytics for them all.
- They also come with enterprise-grade solutions to cater to your specific business needs. Very few SurveyMonkey alternatives will beat them with such an array of solutions. Simply superb.
Google Forms don’t offer specific solutions like SurveyMonkey, but they have templates designed to serve different purposes. Still, SurveyMonkey trumps Google forms on this point of comparison.
7. Language Support
- SurveyMonkey has translations in 55 languages for all buttons and fields.
- Further, you can include the options for different languages in the same survey for bilingual responders to suit them.
- For the questions and options in a survey, there’s a multilingual library of common questions for automatic translation.
- Google Forms currently does not support more than one language in surveys which really restricts its use in demographics with languages other than English.
- Though third-party apps can do the translations, it’s a time-taking process with less accuracy.
- SurveyMonkey scores a point here in SurveyMonkey vs Google Forms question.
Source: Rushly Written
- One of the most applauded SurveyMonkey features is its analytics.
- With this survey tool, you can select how exactly to display your respondent data, choose the colors of your graphs, and even change the labels of these graphs.
- You can also export the results for deep analysis in their paid plan.
In most cases, there’s no need to export results, as SurveyMonkey’s in-built analytics tool, like its ‘Genius feature’ has powerful capabilities. Using this, your team can score the prepared survey based on the survey length, question types, and estimated completion time. This score provides an overall assessment of the survey, even before you’ve sent it, and clearly highlights the areas of improvement.
Using questions from SurveyMonkey’s question bank, you can benchmark responses on commonly-tracked metrics—like employee satisfaction—against other respondents’ results. The data in these benchmarks is driven by millions of answers that SurveyMonkey collects, and this gives you an idea of where you stand. Other options such as filtering responses to analyze those from a specific group, measuring sentiment, and evaluating statistical significance also becomes possible using SurveyMonkey’s analytics features. Quite powerful, isn’t it?
- There are no analytics features inside google forms, but Google has a suite of mind-blowing products that do this job.
- You have to send the collected data to google sheets to prepare custom charts and graphs.
- Pivot tables and the explore option can be used for in-depth analysis.
- And for better visualizations, send the data to google data studio and see the magic!
9. Customer Support
The last point of comparison in the SurveyMonkey vs Google Forms question is customer support. Let’s see how both these survey softwares do here:
- SurveyMonkey offers 24/7 email support for all customers regarding urgent questions or issues regarding some of its features.
- For instant answers, its Help Center has a comprehensive collection of articles along with videos that explain how to use each of its features.
- Plus, they also give tips and guidance for creating effective surveys that bring success in Surveys 101. Check it out.
- In the free version, only the Docs Editors Help Center is available for users to resolve all issues.
- But if you go for Google’s business suite, you get dedicated email and even call support from their team.
Benefits of Online Surveys—And of course, an online survey tool
What’s the need for conducting online surveys? How does it help a person or a business?
It’s crucial to answer such questions regarding the use of surveys before we start comparing. So with no further ado, here are why online surveys are a game-changer for every business:
1. Quality Data
- With online surveys, the respondents are directly entering their answers. No interviewer or coordinator enters their responses, which reduces errors massively.
- The collected data accurately paints their opinions on questions, helping businesses and solopreneurs make informed decisions or changes.
- Also, when a coordinator or interviewer is involved, respondents are not completely honest with their answers. People always prefer anonymity to reveal genuine opinions, especially in surveys. Online surveys offer them that, hence quality data is collected.
2. Quicker Process
- Market research was a real pain for companies in the past, as traditional survey methods took days, if not months, to complete and show results.
- With online surveys, the entire process has quickened a lot. That obviously saves companies a lot of time, which they can utilize by making things better based on the survey results.
3. Money Saver
- With online surveys, you’re not spending on a coordinator, a venue, printed surveys, and other amenities required to conduct physical surveys.
- The only thing you’ll spend on is a top-notch survey software, like SurveyMonkey. That is also not necessary as there are free options, like Google Forms. And this spending is way less than what you’ll spend on conducting physical surveys. That’s a fact.
4. Highly Flexible
- In an online survey, the order of questions changes as and when required. Also, errors get corrected, and language changes are made in just a few clicks to suit a demographic.
- For respondents, skipping a question based on their previous reply is fully automated. They can take surveys from the comfort of their couch, on any device, and at any time. You won’t find the flexibility of online surveys with any other data collection method.
5. Large Sample Group
- One of the possibilities of online surveys is you have a large sample group taking your survey.
- There are no boundaries to the areas you can tap to collect rich data. Ain’t that fantastic?
6. Organic Marketing
- Every online survey with a custom background and company logo is a chance for the company to market itself organically.
- Yes, you market your products and services while trying to get rich data from potential audiences. How cool is that?
7. Powerful Analytics
- Online surveys are standardized, providing quantifiable data for compiling and analysis. In qualitative survey techniques, such as focus groups or phone interviews, people may give interesting answers and opinions, but analyzing that becomes more difficult.
- With online surveys, statistical tools and machine learning techniques analyze survey data that determine validity, reliability, patterns, and significance for further use.
SurveySparrow—A Better SurveyMonkey Alternative
If you’re looking for the best of these tools, SurveySparrow is what you need. Here’s why we’re saying that:
1. Free & Paid Plans
- SurveySparrow’s plans are better than Jotform’s. Period. The number of monthly submissions in its free plan is similar, but look at the features SurveySparrow offers in the free version. It’s simply mindboggling! Even in the paid plans, Jotform doesn’t have the features and variety of products better than SurveySparrow.
- Also, the pricing plans of SurveySparrow are much more diverse, cheaper, and suitable to your needs compared to Jotform.
- You get four different categories of premium plans in SurveySparrow, i.e., personal, business, NPS, and 360-degree assessments. And the plans in three of these categories are built to give maximum value for your buck.
- Plus, there’s a free trial, too. Can you believe it?
Sign up here for FREE!
14-Day Free Trial • No Credit Card Required • No Strings Attached
2. More Than A Form Builder
- The question of jotform vs google forms is a question about the best form builder.
- What if you could get all features from these plus more? Basically, a one-stop destination for all NPS, feedback, market research, employee 360-degree surveys, and more. SurveySparrow has a fully-efficient solution for all that.
3. Conversational Interface
- Google forms severely lack here, and jotform can do a better job. They both don’t have a quality interface that keeps the audience engaged and give a better conversion rate.
- SurveySparrow takes pride in excelling at surveys with a conversational interface. It offers a highly engaging survey experience that boosts the survey completion rate by a whopping 40 percent.
4. Do Everything At One Place
- With SurveySparrow’s employee 360-degree assessment solution, your teams get to create customizable employee 360 reports and emails.
- You can conduct appraisals and performance reviews from the same dashboard, track assessments in the employee portal, and create custom 360-degree feedback surveys.
- The start-to-end solution in one place. Fantastic, isn’t it?
- All of Jotform’s and Google Forms’ features are centered around creating forms. That’s right, just forms.
- There’s no other way to collect audience data using these tools other than forms. With SurveySparrow’s in-house chatbot – Feedbot, you collect prospect data directly from the website.
- In 2022 and beyond, this is a massive capability to have.
6. Analytics & Collaboration
- SurveySparrow fits the requirements of teams of all shapes and sizes. Enterprises get the right analytics tool and collaboration features. Small teams get valuable features at the right price.
- And for solopreneur’s survey requirements, too, SurveySparrow does the job.
- Jotform has brought good collaboration features only after the pandemic’s wake, and google forms is still the same, with the same minimal collaboration and average analytics feature.
- So in the contest of SurveyMonkey vs Google Forms, we’ll not be surprised if SurveySparrow is the winner!
SurveySparrow vs Google Forms—Final Verdict
Whichever survey software you choose, SurveyMonkey, Google Forms, or a quality alternative to them like SurveySparrow, make sure you’re getting these features in particular:
- Branching—To get a smooth survey experience for respondents by skipping irrelevant questions based on their previous responses.
- Anonymity—You’ll get the most qualified data when respondents know their identities will be kept anonymous.
- Team collaboration—As conducting a successful survey campaign requires a team effort and a survey tool must have the features for it.
- Customer support—While conducting surveys, your team might face issues and trouble understanding some features. Attentive and hyper-responsive customer support becomes a must-have, then.
- Data security—This goes without saying that you want the collected data to be secure, and the survey software you choose should make sure that with a focus on data security.
That’s it. Now the choice is yours. Try Google Forms and SurveyMonkey’s free version to see which one suits your business needs. Then, we would really suggest giving SurveySparrow a try, as if you want to get the best of both SurveyMonkey and Google Forms, SurveySparrow is the tool for it. Try its free version, too, and for any help or discussion, talk to us 24/7. We’re always here for you. Make the best decision.