Medallia was one of the first tools to bring innovation and analytics to customer and employee feedback. Since then, it has come a long way and helped many businesses find relevant patterns in their survey data.
But they have glaring drawbacks that make looking at Medallia competitors necessary. We have 12 such competitors (or alternatives) for Medallia here that you should surely check out in 2023.
Time to begin, and on we go.
12 Medallia Competitors To Look Out For In 2023
Here are the 12 Medallia competitors that are surely going to be the right fit for your business needs:
- 123Form Builder
- ProProfs Survey Maker
We’ll start here with SurveySparrow. This survey software is easily one of the best Medallia competitors around. Firstly, because it’s an omnichannel survey creating and managing experience, and the other reason is the valuable insights it brings to users.
This online survey tool with its way better user experience and functionalities amps up your survey response rate by nearly 40 percent. Ain’t that mind-blowing?
The powerful features of this survey software can form an entire article. But, here’s the ultra-compact version that beats Medallia and most of its competitors by a mile. Here we go, then:
- Conversational Interface: SurveySparrow’s conversational interface keeps the survey respondents engaged while boosting results. You’ll be hooked to its interactive and easy-to-use interface. And we’re not kidding!
- NPS Surveys: The NPS software is truly the best, both in terms of functionalities and accessibility. Try it. You’ll agree, too.
- Offline Surveys: With just a few simple steps, conduct surveys that don’t require an internet connection with SurveySparrow’s offline survey feature. Cool, right?
- Unique Audience Management: SurveySparrow’s audience management features is simply unique. It allows for sending specific forms based on people’s profiles. You can segment that completely using the audience management dashboard of its form builder app.
- Powerful Tracker: While conducting a survey, you want crucial information. As such, it does make sense to send interested respondents an email with a unique survey link. Using that, all responses and activities are tracked to give information on who has completed the survey fully or left in-between. This knowledge ultimately allows you to take necessary action.
- Integrations: Medallia might make your surveys fancy, but it doesn’t offer much-needed integrations. SurveySparrow does, making it one of the best Medallia alternatives around.
- Mobile-Friendly Surveys: Using SurveySparrow, your surveys are mobile-friendly, making it easy for respondents to fill them from anywhere using their mobile devices.
- 360 Degree Surveys & Reports: SurveySparrow takes pride in its 360-degree feedback feature. Customizable 360-degree employee reports, appraisals and performance reviews, assessment tracking in a specific employee portal, and a custom 360-degree feedback survey. All of this is quick and extremely easy with this feature.
- Polls, Quizzes, Chatbot: Multi-channel data collection, polls, online audience panel, chatbot, and the power of automated workflows, make SurveySparrow a clear alternative and a superior competitor to Medallia.
There’s a free plan, while the premium plans start from $19 a month.
Here’s how the dashboard looks like. Analyze customer churn, customer satisfaction, and customer journey using SurveySparrow.
Try SurveySparrow for FREE. Create a free account here…
14-Day Free Trial • No Credit Card Required • No Strings Attached
SurveyMonkey is a Medallia competitor and alternative people would be familiar with. It is widely used by both students and professionals, as it’s easy to set up and comes with plenty of features.
However, it has a very cluttered interface and quite limited customization and survey design options compared to other Medallia competitors on this list. And If these limitations put you off, give SurveySparrow a try, or read about these SurveyMonkey Alternatives.
- Hundreds of built-in survey questions and templates. These templates consist of diverse questions allowing you to make the most out of your surveys.
- Easily edit, remove or add questions based on your specific needs.
- SurveyMonkey offers customized branding allowing you to create custom themes, add a logo & different fonts and build thank-you pages.
- It offers filtering and sorting technology to perform powerful data analysis.
- Set up the software in quick simple steps to create a survey.
- Powerful team collaboration options to share and create surveys across the entire length of the organization. Something that you would not find in Medallia.
SurveyMonkey’s pricing starts at $31 per month.
Qualtrics is one of the best Medallia competitors to choose from for its smooth user experience and survey flow screen. But there are some feature differences between the two survey softwares that make Qualtrics a better choice than Medallia.
For large organizations in need of a comprehensive solution, Qualtrics will do great and better than Medallia in 2023. But delivering solutions for enterprises makes it costly, too. One that’s an overkill for small businesses and solopreneurs looking to test the market. But it’s a great tool and in the question of Medallia vs Qualtrics, the latter tool will win. Let’s discuss some of its features:
- Their survey software adjusts according to your business needs, making the everyday work a smooth sail.
- Qualtrics is an ideal software for conducting advanced research.
- It is specifically designed to deliver solutions for enterprises.
- The user interface is fluid owing to the block-based questionnaire design and logical branching that make the survey creation process simple with Qualtrics.
You can take a free trial that Qualtrics offers, but no free plan. And their prices are based on your requirements. So variable prices.
Jotform is one of those Medallia alternatives that you can use to embed forms by copying and pasting a code snippet. And although Medallia offers more solutions and industry experience, there are lots of customization and integration options that Jotform has, but Medallia doesn’t. Let’s look at the features:
- Create simple and quick forms using the drag-and-drop builder.
- Ready-to-use templates based on specific needs and goals.
- Connect your website to email marketing tools. Integrations to all top CRMs, project management apps, and payment processors are available in Jotform.
- It lets users add signatures, make calculations, and take pictures to upload in forms.
- Send forms directly via email or social media and get a unique sharable link every time.
The free plan includes 5 forms and 100 submissions/month. Post that, the premium plans start at $24/month.
Formstack doesn’t just build forms but does a lot of invaluable work for its users. It quickly turns all text and images into beautifully designed forms that are easy to read. It can even do customer signatures through its online forms and documents.
You don’t have to write a single line of code for all this, making Formstack a fantastic Medallia competitor and alternative. But their pricing is higher than the majority of survey tools on this list. So think it through before going for it. Other than that, we can’t think of any reason to not call Formstack one of the best Medallia competitors around.
- You get to personalize each form in Formstack using conditional logic.
- It employs security measures like encryption and 256-bit SSL to safeguard all collected data.
- Formstack comes with HIPAA compliance.
- Formstack completely simplifies your team’s workflows which is a big advantage for large organizations.
- Comes with advanced form analytics to find relevant patterns in the collected data.
This survey tool doesn’t offer any free plan and the paid plans start at $50 per month when billed annually.
Typeform’s popularity comes from its user-friendly interface, clean design, and visually appealing templates. It’s a fantastic choice to create a lasting impression on your consumers with a well-designed survey.
For us, the flowchart feature in Typeform is a standout because it automatically updates as people proceed through your survey. It also shows if people are leaving the survey in between, which is always useful information to have.
- Typeform simplicity is why making forms with it is fun.
- Powerful analytics options for finding relevant patterns to act upon.
- A customer support team that’s there to help you 24/7 all year around.
- You can embed chat boxes, create personalized logical trajectories for your users, and customize the forms the way you wish to.
Typeform comes with a free version and a free trial, while the premium plans start from $25 per month for annual billing.
CultureAmp is an excellent employee engagement and management tool that focuses on building a positive culture for its clients. We liked its single-minded approach to empowering employees by helping companies deliver outstanding experiences. This same approach makes it a bit unique on this list, as other Medallia competitors are more of survey and performance management platforms, but CultureAmp solely focuses on employees.
Let’s look at some of its key features:
- Powerful employee engagement surveys and questions that work even for remote employees.
- Completely and easily customizable survey templates.
- CultureAmp’s customer support helps you set up every survey and they’re the experts at analyzing all survey results to find relevant patterns.
- Sleek user interface with timely updates.
- Detailed report pages where you get to view the data in multiple ways.
- CultureAmp gives the feature to benchmark your survey results against your industry or region. This gives a clear context to your results.
- Science-backed questions in all employee areas like DEI, team effectiveness, individual progress, onboarding, exit surveys, and more.
The pricing depends on your requirements, and you need to speak to the CultureAmp team for that.
Spidergap, a Medallia alternative, is a cloud-based 360-degree feedback tool for businesses of all sizes. They offer out-of-the-box templates to start collecting feedback, and options to fully customize questions for surveys.
Organizations use Spidergap for their fantastic support and easy-to-manage processes that allow them to scale from 10 to 10,000+ participants in no time and with little effort. Your employees will love their engaging feedback reports that are easy to understand and fully actionable, resulting in both employee and organization growth. Some of its key features are:
Extremely simple to use and setup. Does what’s required with minimal configurations.
Powerful automations for evaluations and analysis.
Exceptional customer service where the Spidergap team is always rooting and working hard for your campaign’s success.
They offer a brilliant free plan that has a lot of features. For the premium plans, you have to talk to the Spidergap team.
QuestionsPrto is a survey software with gazillion features and solutions that makes it one of the best Medallia alternatives. It has a solution for nearly all your survey and research requirements, and a user-friendly website, enriching articles, and videos to guide you through the entire survey creation process.
Plus, its focus on data security has garnered them rave reviews. Some of its other features are:
- Real-time data analytics allows for changes on the go.
- Extremely advanced market research features to make full use of.
- NPS, contactless, mobile, 360-degree feedback surveys, and so much more to use.
- A database of over 22 million respondents for your research needs
- 24 hours, all year long, global support over chat, email, and even phone.
QuestionPro comes with a free forever plan, and the premium plan starts from $129 per month on annual billing.
When it comes to determining which Medallia alternative is the best WordPress form builder, there is no competition. WPForms stands out tall! It is the alternative you need when you’re looking to make fancy forms and do much more with them. Some of its top features are:
- They come with a very specific WordPress form builder tool.
- It’s a tool ideal for someone new to survey creation.
- WPForms come with drag-and-drop functionality for visual form building. Cool, isn’t it?
- You can easily make all forms feel more human with this tool. To be honest, that is the only USP of Typeform!
- The data analysis is great and effective in WPForms using smooth graphs and patterns.
- WPForms has Captcha and additional levels of protection for combating spam.
- Direct integrations with all key CRMs and email marketing tools.
WPForms truly is a multi-purpose form generator, but it functions only when WordPress is your content management system. If that’s not the case, you can go with SurveySparrow, or we have 10 more Medallia alternatives for you!
WPForms has no free trial with the paid plan starting from $39.50 per month for annual billing.
#11 123Form Builder
123FormBuilder is a fantastic option for creating bespoke and branded forms. It’s a great alternative if you wish to build some simple forms and don’t wanna pay for them. They do come with a paid plan, but a chunk of their good features are present in the free version, too.
It’s not the most user-friendly platform, to be honest. The interface requires time for better understanding, and that sometimes puts people off.
- Form building is easy with the drag and drop feature.
- 123 form builder doesn’t just build forms, but surveys, questionnaires, and a lot more of that good stuff.
- Here, the data collected is exported with a click of a button.
- Over 1900 templates are available for use in 123 form builder. That’s huge. That’s impressive.
- Powerful analytics (even in the free plan) to track how your forms are doing.
They offer a forever-free plan and the paid one starts from $20.64 per month for annual billing.
#12 ProProfs Survey Maker
One of the most multi-functional Medallia competitors around, ProProfs offers 100,000+ professionally created templates to pick from. Yes, 100,000+! Users can also create their templates based on the requirements.
They offer question types like multiple-choice, rating scale, open-ended, and checkbox for your surveys along with a sophisticated analytics tool, which gives real-time insights into your collected data. You’ll see who filled out your form completely, what questions they answered, how many they skipped, and so on. Powerful, isn’t it?
- Create intriguing and interactive forms in just a minute. In just a minute.
- 100,000 ready-to-use questions for any survey campaign.
- Easily and fully customizable colors, logos, themes, and pictures.
- The multiple choices for sharing are form links, email, social networking, and even website embedding.
- Easy integrations with Zendesk, Salesforce, and WordPress.
- Powerful analytics dashboard and advanced reporting.
- Real-time notifications.
With this Medallia competitor, you can build a variety of surveys, quizzes, polls, exams, and evaluations along with basic forms. From intelligent reporting, and a customer-friendly interface to mobile responsive design, ProProfs Survey Maker has it all.
Starting at $0.05 per month (can you believe it!) for annual billing. ProProfs also has a free plan and gives a free trial.
Why Look For Medallia Competitors?
Medallia is a customer and employee experience management tool with fantastic features. People like its variety of solutions and how Medallia delivers them. The main benefits are a convenient dashboard, in-depth insights into real-time data, and solutions for comprehensive analysis.
But there’s another side of the story, too. The number of clunky features far outweighs the useful ones in Medallia. And once you take the relatively higher costs of its solutions into account, the reasons to justify a lookout for Medallia competitors become clear.
The disadvantages of Medallia that make people look for better feedback & survey tools are:
- There’s no way to access Medallia through mobile devices. In today’s day and age, mobile phone accessibility is a must-have, and Medallia misses out here.
- Medallia offers no ownership over its platform. It forces businesses to engage with its dedicated Project Team to make, edit, and send surveys. This amps up the costs involved while the overall process takes longer to complete.
- In Medallia, charges are for both “units” and users. “Units” are just named individuals in surveys who have no log-in privileges. That takes up the costs even higher, making it not feasible for most businesses.
- There are very few survey templates to choose from in Medallia. You’ll find more beautifully designed templates for separate use cases in all the 12 Medallia competitors.
- The lack of guides and FAQs makes it a difficult tool for new users. Also, your team needs to have some basic coding skills to use Medallia properly. Another stumbling block!
- There are a variety of solutions in Medallia, no doubt. But the add-on price is high, making it unusable for most businesses.
Medallia is a fully featured software allowing users to harness the usefulness of customer and employee feedback in improving the overall operations. But at what cost? Also, can you work around its drawbacks?
The silver lining is that you don’t need to! You have 12 fantastic Medallia competitors and alternatives to choose from. With the features that SurveySparrow has and its pocket-friendly plans, we’re sure it’d be the right fit for your business. So, give it a try, and talk to us 24/7 if you need help. Make the correct choice. Ciao.