Here’s the blunt truth folks! None of us can remain enthusiastic and driven every day at work, no matter how passionate we are. We all have our own share of lackluster days. But work is work, and you just can’t turn your back on it. These are the times when you need a powerful source of inspiration to cut right through the mundanity.
When such days are upon us, our marketing team here at SurveySparrow resorts to the best ‘to-the-point’ quotes that pack a punch and arouse the desire and energy to do something great! Then, we thought, “Why not share it with our readers too?”
So, we have curated a list of the most inspiring marketing quotes to bring out the best of the marketer in you. The list contains every kind of quote. Be it content marketing quotes, digital marketing quotes, relationship marketing quotes, marketing quotes for social media, word of mouth marketing quotes or brand marketing quotes, we have literally created a one-stop-shop for you.
We’ve divided the quotes into the following categories – click to jump to that section. Dive in!
- Marketing Quotes by the Most Influential Entrepreneurs
- Relationship Marketing Quotes
- Content Marketing Quotes
- Social Media Marketing Quotes
- Word of Mouth Marketing Quotes
- Digital Marketing Quotes
- Branding Marketing Quotes
Marketing Quotes by the Most Influential Entrepreneurs
Sometimes an inspiring quote by our role model or an influential thought leader is all that takes to make our day. Here are a few marketing quotes quoted by some of the most influential entrepreneurs of all time. No matter what kind of marketing you do, the following quotes are going to motivate you. Dead sure about that! Take a look.
1. “Marketing is about values. It’s a complicated and noisy world, and we’re not going to get a chance to get people to remember much about us. No company is. So we have to be really clear about what we want them to know about us.” – Steve Jobs, Co-Founder, Apple
2. “Content is King.” – Bill Gates, Co-Founder, Microsoft
3. “The common question that gets asked in business is, ‘why?’ That’s a good question, but an equally valid question is, ‘why not?’.” – Jeff Bezos, CEO, Amazon
4. “Always deliver more than expected.”- Larry Page, Co-founder, Google
5. “Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.” – Warren Buffet, Chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.
6. “Do what you do so well that they will want to see it again and bring their friends.”- Walt Disney, Co-Founder of The Walt Disney Company
7. “Brand is just a perception, and perception will match reality over time.”- Elon Musk, Co-Founder & CEO, SpaceX
8. “The best marketing strategy ever: CARE.”- Gary Vaynerchuk, entrepreneur, speaker & marketing expert
9. “Advertising works most effectively when it’s in line with what people are already trying to do.”- Mark Zuckerberg, Co-founder and CEO, Facebook
10.“Control your expenses better than your competition. This is where you always find the competitive advantage.” – Sam Walton, Founder, Walmart
11. “In this ever-changing society, the most powerful and enduring brands are built from the heart. They are real and sustainable. Their foundations are stronger because they are built with the strength of the human spirit, not an ad campaign. The companies that are lasting are those that are authentic.” – Howard Schultz, CEO, Starbucks
Relationship Marketing Quotes
Marketing has evolved to emotionally connect with customers by catering to their specific needs. That, I tell you, has made all the difference. Fortify the bond with your customers with these inspirational relationship marketing quotes
1. “Build something 100 people love, not something 1 million people kind of like.”– Brian Chesky, co-founder of Airbnb
2. “Conversation with customers will increase sales, even if the product or service is never mentioned.” – George Farris, founder of Farris Marketing
3. “Make your customer the hero of your stories.” – Ann Handley, Digital Marketing Pioneer, and Author
4. “Instead of using technology to automate processes, think about using technology to enhance human interaction.” – Tony Zambito, Lead authority in Buyer personas.
5. “Our job is to connect to people, to interact with them in a way that leaves them better than we found them, more able to get where they’d like to go.” – Seth Godin, Founder, and CEO, Do You Zoom
6. “To build a long-term, successful enterprise, when you don’t close a sale, open a relationship.” – Patricia Fripp, Keynote Speaker, and Author
7. “People don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it.” – Simon Sinek, Motivational Speaker, and Consultant
8. “Help your customers and you help your business.” – Leo Burnett, founder of Leo Burnett Company, Inc.
9. “The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well the product or service fits him and sells itself.” – Peter Drucker, founder of Drucker Institute
10. “Genuinely support people in ways you can. If you build great relationships and people get to like you for you, they will eventually promote what you do and would want to do business with you.” – Bernard Kelvin Clive, The Art of Personal Branding
How do you build better customer relationships? By listening to their feedback. SurveySparrow conversational surveys are helpful tools for this. You can try them out with a free account.
14-Day Free Trial • No Credit Card Required • No Strings Attached
14-Day Free Trial • No Credit Card Required • No Strings Attached
Content Marketing Quotes
Here’s something that I can say without a shadow of doubt: content marketing is one of the most powerful areas of marketing in the modern era. The following quotes prove it to us.
1. “Content marketing is a commitment, not a campaign.” – Jon Buscall, Author
2. “Content builds relationships. Relationships are built on trust. Trust drives revenue.”– Andrew Davis, Marketing Keynote Speaker
3. “Content marketing is all the marketing that’s left.”– Seth Godin, Founder, and CEO, Do You Zoom
4. “Content marketing is no longer a numbers game. It’s a game of relevance,”– Jason Miller, Sr. Content Marketing Manager at LinkedIn
5. “Content marketing is like a first date. If you only talk about yourself, there won’t be a second one.”– David Beebe, Founder and CEO, Storified Brands
6. “Content is the atomic particle of all marketing.”– Rebecca Lieb, Author
7. “Our job is not to create content. Our job is to change the world of the people who consume it.” – Andrea Fryrear, Marketing Speaker, and Author
8. “Good content should be at the heart of your strategy, but it is equally important to keep the display context of that content in mind as well.” – Tim Frick, Principal of MightyBytes
9. “Master the topic, the message, and the delivery.” – Steve Jobs, Co-Founder, Apple
10. “Content isn’t King, it’s the Kingdom.” – Lee Odden, Co-founder, CEO, TopRank Marketing
Social Media Marketing Quotes
Read through the following marketing quotes to up your social media marketing strategy.
1. “Build it, and they will come” only works in the movies. Social Media is a “build it, nurture it, engage them and they may come and stay.” – Seth Godin, author & Marketing expert
2. “Successful companies in social media function more like entertainment companies, publishers, or party planners than as traditional advertisers.” – Erik Qualman, Digital leadership expert
3. “Social media allows big companies to act small again.” – Jay Baer, Marketing Motivational Expert
4. “Engage, Enlighten, Encourage and especially…just be yourself! Social media is a community effort; everyone is an asset.” – Susan Cooper, Author
5. “Social media is about the people! Not about your business. Provide for the people and the people will provide you.” – Matt Goulart, Founder, Ignite Digital
6. “Social media is about sociology and psychology more than technology.” – Brian Solis, Marketing Speaker and Author
7. “Social media is not just an activity; it is an investment of valuable time and resources. Surround yourself with people who not just support you and stay with you, but inform your thinking about ways to WOW your online presence” – Sean Gardner, Social Media Power Influencer and Digital Marketer
8. “Social media creates communities, not markets.”– Don Schultz, marketing pioneer
9. “Social media will help you build up loyalty of your current customers to the point that they will willingly, and for free, tell others about you.” – Bonnie Sainsbury, Founder, and CEO – Social Media Smarter
10. “Social media is the ultimate equalizer. It gives a voice and a platform to anyone willing to engage.” – Amy Jo Martin, Founder and CEO, Digital Royalty
Word of Mouth Marketing Quotes
When customers recommend your brand to their friends and family, you can effortlessly carve your path towards success. But mind you, failure is not far away if angry customers talk about one bad experience they have with your company. These compelling marketing quotes will tell you how massively powerful word of mouth is.
1. “Word-of-mouth marketing isn’t about giving customers talking points as if they were brand spokespeople. It’s about delivering an exceptional customer experience that makes customers want to recommend you.” – Deborah Eastman, CMO, Satmetrix
2. “If you make customers unhappy in the physical world, they might each tell 6 friends. If you make customers unhappy on the Internet, they can each tell 6,000 friends.” – Jeff Bezos, Founder and CEO of Amazon
3. “92% of respondents reported that a positive recommendation from a friend is the biggest influence on whether they buy a product.” – Paul M. Rand, Zócalo Group President and CEO
4. “You will get more word of mouth from making people happy than anything else you could possibly do.” – Jarod Kintz, author
5. “We take most of the money that we could have spent on paid marketing and instead put it back into the customer experience. Then we let the customer be our marketing. Historically, our number-one growth driver has been from repeat customers and word-of-mouth.” – Tony Hseih, Zappos CEO
6. “Word-of-mouth marketing is a crucial component of organic growth for startups” – David Rusenko, Founder and CEO of Weebly
7. “Word of mouth can be as important, if not more important, for neighborhood businesses as traditional advertising.” –Ekaterina Walter, marketing strategist
8. “Advertising brings in customers, but word-of-mouth brings in the best customers.” – Jonah Berger, author & marketing professor
9. “Viral word-of-mouth marketing for GoPro is massive. Video is really the conduit.” – Nick Woodman, founder and CEO of GoPro
10. “The secret to marketing success is no secret at all: Word of mouth is all that matters” – Seth Godin, Founder, and CEO, Do You Zoom
Digital Marketing Quotes
In this highly competitive, digitally-driven marketing environment, you need a strong digital marketing strategy to outsmart your competition. Here are some marketing quotes that rightly convey the importance of digital marketing.
1. “It’s much easier to double your business by doubling your conversion rate than by doubling your traffic.” – Jeff Eisenberg, President, Vital & Ryze Advertising
2. “It’s hard to find things that won’t sell online.”– Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon
3. “If content is king, then conversion is queen.” – John Munsell, co-founder, Bizzuka
4. “Marketers need to build digital relationships and reputation before closing a sale.”– Chris Brogan, Chief Executive Officer of Owner Media Group
5. “Instead of one-way interruption, Web marketing is about delivering useful content at just the right moment that a buyer needs it.” – David Meerman Scott, marketing speaker and author
6. “The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow.” – Bill Gates, Founder, Microsoft Corporation
7. “The future of retail is the integration of Internet and digital services with the retail network.” – Charles Dunstone, former chairman of Carphone Warehouse,
8. “Design like you are absolutely right, then optimize like you were wrong from the start.”- Jordie van Rijn, marketing consultant
9. “Authenticity, honesty, and personal voice underlie much of what’s successful on the Web.”– Rick Levine, Author of The Cluetrain Manifesto
10. “We want to know what consumers are looking for, what their values are, and how can we meet their needs. It’s not just about Big Data; it’s about translating that into the truth.” – Gayle Fuguitt, Founder and CEO, Tempus Futures
Branding Marketing Quotes
The following marketing quotes are going to help your team develop a customer-relatable approach to brand building.
1. “A brand is a voice and a product is a souvenir.” – Lisa Gansky, Entrepreneur and author
2. “Be your own best customer. Live your customer’s lifestyle.” – Milena Glimbovski, Founder, Original Unverpackt
3. “Smart marketers and smart brand managers understand the importance of leveraging frame of reference to build their brands.” – Mark Shapiro, Chair, Vistage Worldwide Inc.
4. “A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.” – Jeff Bezos
5. “A brand is the set of expectations, memories, stories and relationships that, taken together, account for a consumer’s decision to choose one product or service over another.” – Seth Godin, Founder, and CEO, Do You Zoom
6. “Your culture is your Brand” – Tony Hsieh, Zappos CEO
7. “If people believe they share values with a company, they will stay loyal to the brand.” – Howard Schultz, Starbucks CEO
8. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.” – Warren Buffett, Chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.
9. “A brand is no longer what we tell the consumer it is — it is what the consumers tell each other it is” – Scott Cook, co-founder of Intuit
10. “The art of marketing is the art of brand building. If you are not a brand, you are a commodity.” – Philip Kotler, marketing consultant, and author.
It’s no secret that there’s a cutthroat competition to lure customers. When that’s the present scenario, every marketer is vigorously researching their market and is on the run to create innovative strategies that strike the right chord with customers. And agree or not, you need a constant source of inspiration to keep you motivated to bring about innovative and effective marketing strategies.
Quotes can help both you and your team here. You could use them in meetings to make a point more compelling, or in engagement activities to inspire them, or even to elucidate a particular situation at work. These are the simple things that you can include to bring value to your work.
So, do take a read, jot down your favorites, and get set to be inspired and to inspire!