Conducting polls can be both a masterstroke and a big mistake. Masterstroke is when the poll is rightly timed with good poll questions that suit the subject and are personalized. However, it can be a big mistake when neither of that happens; the poll isn’t timed well, and the questions are below par, too.
The correct time for conducting polls is customer-specific, so we can’t help there, but if you want the top poll questions for every occasion, this is the article!
So jump right in, and let’s begin.
100+ Good Poll Questions For Every Occasion
From funny to financial. Here are the 100+ good poll questions for every occasion you can think of!
#1 Funny Poll Questions
Fun polls or funny poll questions are the best at getting your audience’s attention and keeping them hooked. Engaging before getting to the point through more serious questions is also great. And people love funny stuff. So take maximum advantage of that with these questions;
- What type of funny is really funny to you?
- Do you think sarcasm is a great form of humor?
- Do you think you have a good sense of humor?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how hard is it to make you laugh?
- Are you always laughing while watching a funny television show or movie?
- The million-dollar question – Do your friends consider you funny?
Before you read further, here’s a quick poll created using SurveySparrow…
Create a Free Account here to create a fun poll!
14-Day Free Trial • No Credit Card Required • No Strings Attached
- What do you think is your funniest feature?
- What do your friends think your funniest feature is?
- How cool does pineapple over pizza sound to you?
- Of all the great comedians, who’s your favorite?
- Ever answered a serious question with a totally funny answer?
- What advertisement made you laugh the hardest?
- What would you rather be – a serious bloke or a funny dude?
- Would you rather ride an elephant or a horse? Give your funniest why, too.
- Would you rather sing or whisper everything?
- Would you rather be a comic book superhero or villain? And why?
- Would you rather talk with all animals or know every language?
#2 Remote Work Poll Questions
Work from home or remote work was the buzzword during the pandemic. It made such a huge impact that companies fully embraced this new style of working. But do all employees like it? You’d surely want to know each remote worker’s unique “work-from-home experience”, don’t you?
These remote work poll questions will do that while providing insight into the benefits, challenges, and satisfaction of working from home;
- How do you feel about working from home?
- What best can we do to improve your remote work experience?
- Which colleague has been exceptionally helpful in your remote work onboarding?
- Are you feeling connected to your team while working from home?
- Are you learning and growing the right way with remote work? Please state why.
- Are you familiar with our WFH policies?
- Are you clear with your daily and weekly responsibilities during remote work?
- Do you feel the communication during WFH between your teammates and team leader is good?
- How frequently is the team leader communicating with you while working from home?
- While working from home, what communication channels work best for you?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how easy is it to reach your team during WFH?
- How can [organization name] support your work-life balance during WFH?
- Do you think you have a good work-life balance in remote work?
- Do you have a separate workstation at home?
- Are you mentally in a good space while working from home?
- Is your productivity level the same at home as it is in the office?
- Do you want or are you planning to return to the office?
- Can you list the major issues with working from home?
#3 Personality Poll Questions
The list of top poll questions is incomplete without this type. The directions you can take with a personality poll are many, but it all starts from the right You can take many different directions when creating a personality poll, but it all starts with the right questions. Use these and give your audience a reason to partake;
- Would you call yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
- Do you consider yourself a night owl or an early bird?
- Do you consider yourself a creative person?
- Do you prefer spending more time with friends or alone?
- In a single word, how would you define your relationship with the family?
- Is it easy for you to make friends at work and outside?
- How do you think your co-workers would describe you?
- Do you like attending parties and spending time with new people?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how easily do you trust someone?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how open to change are you?
#4 Political Poll Questions
Politics will always be one of the most discussed topics around the world. So, when it comes to a political poll, there’s a massive need for good poll questions through which a political party can know and attract its audience. These top political poll questions will help with that;
- How would you define your political affiliation?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, where would you put our country’s current president?
- Do you think the [country name]’s political system is broken?
- Do you vote? If yes, how often?
- Are you in favor of or against presidential debates?
- What critical topics should all world leaders address right now?
- If given a chance, what would you do to change the political landscape of your country?
- Do you have aspirations of entering into politics?
- Have you, in the past, or will you, in the future, contribute time or money to a political campaign or cause?
#5 Sports Poll Questions
If politics is an ever-present topic, so is sports. Sports bring people together from one end of the world to the next. Period. So, if you’re creating a sports poll, these are the types of questions you should use;
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how active a person are you?
- What sport is the best form of workout for you?
- What is your go-to streaming service for all major sports-related events?
- Would you say that playing a sport has helped you mentally?
- Irrespective of the sport, who’s the best sportsperson for you?
- Where would you like to see MLS expand to next?
- What would be your favorite sport?
- What’s your all-time favorite NBA team?
- Do you think sports is the best way to end racism completely?
#6 Travel Poll Questions
One of the most exciting things in this world is traveling. And even if you’re doing that, the next most exciting thing is to think and plan about it. These travel poll questions will help with that;
- What’s your favorite travel destination?
- Would you rather go to a beach or the mountains?
- What’s the first thing you look for when planning a vacation?
- Would you rather travel by flight or your vehicle?
- Would you rather vacation alone or in a group?
- How many vacations did you take last year?
- What do you enjoy doing the most on vacation?
- What type of food do you like when you’re traveling?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how fascinated are you to meet new people and experience new cultures?
- What frustrates you the most while traveling or vacationing?
- What makes you the happiest while traveling or vacationing?
#7 Historical Poll Questions
Good poll questions aren’t restricted to just sports or work. You can find good historical poll questions like these, too;
- Who is the most significant individual in the history of the world?
- Who is the best president of the United States?
- Who is the most influential African American in the history of the world?
- Which sports figure changed the world for the better?
- Who is the worst dictator in the history of the world?
- Which event of the past changed the world for the best?
- Which event of the past changed the world for the worst?
- What are your thoughts on politics in the 19th century?
- Do you have a favorite world leader from the past?
- Which historical figure would you most like to spend time with?
#8 Financial Poll Questions
Money is important to everyone. If you have a lot, you want more. If you don’t have enough, you also want more. And for that reason, financial poll questions are attractive to many.
- Do you maintain an emergency account?
- Choose the range of balance you maintain in the emergency account from the given choices.
- From where does all your financial advice come? Home or through a financial expert?
- What’s your preferred mode of investment?
- How often do you check your bank balance during the day?
- Do you have a savings plan dedicated to retirement?
- How much money do you think you’ll need for a comfortable post-retirement life?
- Can you afford all the monthly expenses on your current salary?
- Are you making more money this year than last?
- Do you have credit card debt? If yes, how quickly are you planning to repay it?
- Have you ever made a successful trade in the stock market?
- Do you own or rent your present home?
- Do you have a side gig that’s making you some additional income?
- By what age are you planning to become financially independent?
#9 Random Poll Questions
After talking about all the good poll questions from different categories, we’re left with some that don’t fit in one category. Instead, they’re random! Here’s what we’re talking about;
- What is your favorite social network?
- How often do you update your Linkedin profile?
- Do you consider yourself entrepreneurial?
- What is your favorite food?
- If you were a blogger, what would your blog focus on?
- Would you rather start your own small business or work for someone else?
- Do you seek out contact with your neighbors or try to keep to yourself?
- What is your favorite weekend activity?
- Would you rather binge-watch a Netflix series or watch a movie?
- Would you rather shop on Amazon or at a brick-and-mortar store?
- What would it be if you could only have one type of technology in your life?
- What do you use more, emojis or gifs?
Spoiled For Choices, eh?
Conducting a poll that delivers requires quality questions. Here, you’ve got over 100 of them! Use them all with different question types, and voila… you’ll see the results! And if you’re looking for a poll or survey platform, SurveySparrow is the tool. With this omnichannel experience management platform, you’ll get even more good poll questions, amazing survey & experience management features, a chatbot solution, and more.
You and your team would be spoiled for choices with SurveySparrow. Go, get a first-hand experience yourself. Our team’s waiting to hear from you.