The global human resource management market is expected to reach USD 38.17 billion by 2027. Yes, that’s the popularity of HR tools and HR management software among modern millennial users. From recruiting and onboarding process to taking feedback, HR management software automates everything!
But, finding the right HR tools or Human Resource Management Software for your organization is not child’s play. If you don’t hold a solid knowledge about the ins and outs of HR tools, you will end up wasting time and a lot of money. Now, this is probably the last thing you’ll want while looking for HR software.
So, what to do? Which tool should you purchase? Well, relax! We’re here to help you select the right tool. We’ve done all the research and tests to create this list of top 10 online HR tools. Everyone in human resources should use one of these tools once in their work-cycle to boost productivity and efficiency.
Top 10 HR Tools Every HR Must Use to Make their Work-Life Easier
When it comes to selecting the right online HR tools, you must ensure they make your workforce, employee, leave, and productivity management processes smooth.
So before you start your search to find the perfect tool, figure out your needs. Make a list of the features you’re searching for, then match the list with these top 10 human resource tools & software:
1. SurveySparrow: For Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding, and Employee Journey
SurveySparrow is designed to provide a smooth HR experience to your employees. With this software, you can make their employee journey memorable and hassle-free.
It’s HR’s responsibility to provide an excellent employee experience throughout their employee lifecycle. The first few months of a new job are a vital part of the entire employee journey. If your employees have bitter experiences during these times, they will have negative feedback about the organization.
Research by Forrester indicated that 65% of the HR executives will view employee experience as a crucial initiative for 2022.
But how will you know if your employees are having a good time in the organization or not? Well, the answer is through surveys. Here’s what you can expect from SurveySparrow:
1. Conversational Surveys
- SurveySparrow’s online survey software offers beautiful, easy-to-use survey experiences.
- Create, integrate, share, the surveys with your employees to understand their employee journey and to improve employee engagement.
- From recruiting to onboarding, you’ll get a clear idea about their experience and opinion in just one tap.
Here’s an Employee Feedback survey created using SurveySparrow:
Want to create similar surveys? Sign up below to get access to free templates.
14-Day Free Trial • No Credit Card Required • No Strings Attached
2. Multiple Survey Types
- SurveySparrow is one of the few HR tools that provides assorted questions types to give your employees a myriad of survey question types.
- From matrix type, opinion scale, rank order, to drag ‘n drop your employees will never feel bored while answering questions.
3. Reporting module
- This feature lets you collect employees data with efficiency.
- The data will help your HR team to analyze how your employees perform at different work circumstances.
- With an HR metrics dashboard, they can understand how well your employees developed their knowledge, skills, communication, during their employee journey.
- Also, data-driven feedback makes the performance appraisal process smooth for both HR and employees. They both get aware of their everyday performance metric and work data without any differences.
4. Share Across Various Channels
- This HR management software allows you to share surveys across multiple channels.
- You can share employee experience surveys via social media, web links, SMS, or emails. You should expect high completion rates while taking surveys with this software.
5. Employee Engagement Management
SurveySparrow’s pulse surveys are designed, especially keeping employee engagement in mind. This HR management software offers some amazing features for high employee engagement:
- Dual-UI Platform: The dual-UI platform of SurveySparrow offers two UI. These are chat-like surveys and conversational forms. With these dual-UI, your HR team can offer engaging conversational surveys to the employees.
- Recurring survey: This feature allows you to send periodic pulse surveys automatically. Your HR team doesn’t have to waste time on creating monthly or weekly surveys. They can schedule surveys at any frequency- daily, quarterly, or monthly.
- Chatbots: Chatbots are the perfect tool to enhance user engagement, collect feedback, and provide employee support 24×7. SurveySparrow’s no-code chatbots are designed to collect employee feedback and analyze real-time data with the help of conversational bots.
More than 50% of companies will implement chatbots by 2022, according to News Daily.
6. Employee Performance Management
SurveySparrow’s HR assessment software helps HR to conduct employee assessments with the ready-made 360 evaluation survey templates.
- Your HR team can gain employees 360 performance reviews like communication, team and leadership skills, creativity, interpersonal skills, etc.
- Also, they can conduct regular performance appraisals to justify the contribution of your employees within the organization.
- With SurveySparrow’s performance management software, your human resource team can evaluate the employee performance and generate custom reports for each of them.
- These reports will help you assess their strengths, weaknesses, hidden strengths, and blind spots.
- With the employee portal, you can track assessment status with filters like self-assess, partially evaluated, report pending, report ready, etc.
- You can easily import employee details with this HR performance management system.
- Use features like CSV for mass import, or integrate using LDAP or Active Directory.
#10. 360 Degree Employee Feedback
SurveySparrow is one of the best HR tools that offer 360 feedback features. Track and manage your employees’ performance at ease with SurveySparrow’s 360-degree feedback software.
- With 360 feedback survey software, you can customize anonymous chat-like surveys.
- This feedback tool is designed for every device. With this tool, you can create personalized surveys, department-wise, and team-wise.
- SurveySparrow’s 360 feedback software provides you with 360 reports and emails.
- You can even customize these reports using your brand’s logo, color, and fonts.
- It’s crucial to provide feedback frequently. With these automation features, you can automate the surveys and send quarterly or bi-annual surveys to your employees.
2. Asana: For Personal Productivity
You already know how HR teams are the busiest person on earth! They have so many tasks to complete in a day. With Asana, your HR team can add custom fields, manage their tasks, dashboards, and projects effectively. Asana is one of the highly efficient HR tools with immense popularity among human resource people. You can put all your to-do’s in this tool.
Here are some more amazing features of Asana:
- Automatic inbox update
- Customizable programs
- Task tracking
- Efficient team communication
- Upload attachments
- Easy integration
3. Bambee: For Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding
Bambee is one of the most effective HR tools that gives a stellar recruiting and onboarding experience. HR managers can use this tool to create and maintain all the HR activities effortlessly. Bambee offers other great features like:
- Create and manage company policy
- E-signature for documents
- Keep track of important records with smart cabinet
- Unlimited chat
- Staff folders for organization
4. Evernote: For Productivity Management
Just like Asana, Evernote is another great tool for productivity management. If you’re searching for HR tools with all-in-one solutions for your team, then Evernote is definitely a good pick.
With Evernote, your HR team can assign their tasks, collaborate with the workforce, create project lists easily. Here are some key features of Evernote:
- Store images, clips, and notes
- Assign tasks, manage them efficiently
- Share feedback and ideas
5. SageHR (formerly CakeHR): For Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding
The SageHR HR management software helps your human resource teams to track time, onboard new employees, create reports, and much more. This user-friendly tool helps to streamline the HR process with features like:
- 360-degree feedback
- Automated employee scheduling
- Applicant tracking
- HR analytics
- Leave management system
- Attendance tracking
- Calendar management
6. People: For People Management
People management is another crucial HR function. From employee onboarding to payroll management, everything falls under the category of people management. Here are some stellar features of People:
- Benefits management
- Custom user roles
- Custom reporting
- Learning management
- Performance appraisal
- Onboarding and offboarding
- Employee database
7. TriNet: For People Management
TriNet deserves to be on the list of top 10 HR tools. With this tool, your HR team can manage employee payroll, appraisals, and benefits. This HR software offers great features:
- Human resource management
- Seamless payroll
- Cloud platform
- Integrated time tracking
- Secure payroll preparation
8. Slack: For Communication and Feedback
All the human resource team loves slack as it provides all-in-one solutions to the HR managers. The slack app syncs with mobile operating systems and desktops keep the workforce connected over various platforms. Some great features of Slack are:
- Streamline employee onboarding
- Support employee efficiency
- Track and improve employee engagement
- Collaborate with work-team
- Keep employee information organized
9. Glint: For Employee Engagement
Glint is one of the popular HR tools every human resource person must use. As a survey software, Glint allows you to take pulse surveys without any hassle. Also, the intuitive dashboard, mobile-friendly design, and real-time analytics features of Glint will make your hr manager’s life easy. Here are some of the things you can do with Glint:
- Real-time surveys
- Employee lifecycle management
- Employee goal management
- Issue resolution
- Employee experience tracking
- Feedback collection
10. ZoomShift: For Employee Scheduling
ZoomShift is the leading employee scheduling software designed for hourly employees. It enables HR managers and owners to track employee time, swap shifts with ease, prevent timesheet errors, and run payroll in minutes. Employees can clock in for assigned shifts using the web time clock or mobile time clock and management can edit timesheets on the fly from the free iOS and Android apps
Here are some of the things you can do with ZoomShift:
- Drag and drop schedule builder
- Team collaboration
- Share schedule via email, push, text
- Track your entire schedule via phone or web
- Free iPhone and Android app
- Customizable time clock software and app.
- Geofencing Time Clock.
- Easy to use clock-in and clock-out functionality.
- Prevent Timesheet Errors
- Run payroll faster
ZoomShift is best for small to medium businesses that want an easy way for HR managers to schedule and communicate with employees.
Five Must-Have Features of Human Resources Tools
We’ve already discussed how human resource teams are the blood and veins of any organization. Each organization has to invest extra time to find the latest technology, hr tools, and software to help them run their duty smoothly.
Human resources management software helps HR managers in their day-to-day tasks. Whenever you decided to use a new HRM software or tool, make sure they have these essential features like:
1. Recruitment and Onboarding
Recruitment and onboarding are two important events in your employees’ work journey. That’s why you must look for HR tools that make the recruitment and onboarding process easy. The perfect HR tool will provide an easy and organized recruiting experience to the employees.
2. Performance Management
HR tools must have some useful features to measure your employees’ performances at ease. 89% of the HR professionals have stated that conducting regular performance management is more effective than yearly performance reviews. Most HR conducts a performance review to identify the skill of their employees and to create appraisals based on that. Make sure your HR tool can set goals, track, review, and analyze progress correctly to enable more work efficiency within the company.
3. Employee Engagement Management
Employee engagement is one of the most vital HR metrics you must search for while selecting HR tools. Organizations with high employee engagement earn 147% more per share. Highly engaged employees can reduce turnover and increase productivity.
4. Employee Feedback
Frequent feedback is essential to keep your employees motivated. Your HR team must provide regular feedback to the employees to ensure their growth. According to smallbiztrends, 90% of people stated that they are most likely to stay with a company that takes and acts on feedback.
5. Payroll Management
Your HR managers can lessen their workload by using HR tools that offer features like the inbuilt-accounting module, tabular data storage, and automated tax computations.
Five Essential Questions to Ask When Buying HR Tools
1. What features will fulfill your business needs?
Different HR software offers different features and services. You have to pick the best based on your business requirements. For instance, if your business has low employee engagement and high staff turnover, then you should choose an HR software with robust employee satisfaction features like surveys, 360-degree feedback, performance management software, etc.
2. What are the key functionalities?
Nowadays, you’ll get multiple HR tools, applications, and software that offers similar features. When you’re looking for the perfect software that aligns with your business goals, make sure to check its key functionalities. Check out some review sites, read some blogs, go through the success stories and case studies, and find out why everyone prefers a certain tool.
3. Does this tool have an intuitive interface?
HR tools are designed to make your HR team’s work process more manageable. So that they can invest more time in strategic planning, if the HR software you use doesn’t have an easy-to-use interface, then it will be hard for them to navigate. It’s essential to select an HR tool with an intuitive User Interface.
4. What’s the return on investment?
This point may sound cheap, but you must not forget about the affordability and ROI before purchasing an HR tool. If your HR software offers a lot of great features at a reasonable price, then you should definitely get on the boat! However, don’t go with the cheapest tool available in the market, instead focus on what features they are offering for a particular cost.
5. Does this tool have superior reporting features?
One of the main reasons to use HR tools is to reduce work time, complexity, and increase consistency. HR tools with excellent real-time reporting features will help your HR department analyze employee performance, engagement results without wasting time. When you get accurate data with efficient reporting, you’ll be able to improve the weak areas easily.
Your HR team needs software that not only helps them to streamline their work process but also increases productivity. They need a tool that automates their work process, manages their employees, cuts costs, and saves time.
However, it’s not an easy task to find an all-in-one HR software that handles all the vital HR processes effortlessly. It will cost you time, investment, patience, and a little bit of research. Keeping your problem in mind, we’ve created this list of 10 awesome HR tools based on different aspects like:
- Ease of use
- Multi-Channel Access
- Seamless Integration
- Real-time reporting
- Customizability and scalability
So, go ahead, sign up for a demo and see if these tools can help your HR team or not, and right away start with SurveySparrow!