Retail businesses use retail surveys to ask customers for feedback on their most recent shopping experience or on their experiences with the business in general. In this article, we’ve listed the best retail survey questions you can ask your customers to make quick improvements and address more comprehensive challenges.
Best Retail Survey Questions to Ask in 2022
Here are the kinds of retail customer feedback survey questions you can ask your customers:
- Net promoter score
- Customer satisfaction score
- Customer effort score
- Binary yes/no survey
- Retail product and pricing questions
- Brick and mortar store questions
- Product selection and stock
- Service and returns for online and in-store experiences
- Demographic questions
- Product information on your website and in-store
- Open-ended follow-up questions
Net Promoter Score (NPS)
How likely are you to recommend our store to your friends and family?
Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT)
How satisfied were you with your in-store experience?
Customer Effort Score (CES)
How easy was it to find what you were looking for?
Binary yes/no survey
Did you find what you were looking for?
Retail product and pricing questions
- How satisfied are you with the [product/service]?
- How fair are the prices compared to similar retailers?
- What could we do to improve the [product/service]?
- How satisfied are you with the value for money of your purchase?
Brick-and-mortar store questions
- The store hours are convenient for me.
- It was easy for me to find parking.
- How would you rate the cleanliness of the fitting rooms?
- How satisfied are you with the wait time in the fitting rooms?
- The [displays/mannequins] help me decide what to buy.
- How can we improve your experience with the fitting rooms?
- How satisfied are you with the wait time at checkout?
Product selection and stock
- The [store/site] made it easy for me to find what I was looking for.
- Did you find what you were looking for today?
- Did we have what you were looking for in stock?
- How often do we have what you’re looking for in stock?
- How satisfied are you with the selection in [product category]?
- It was easy for me to find something in my size.
- What other products would you be interested in purchasing from us?
- Did we advertise something that we did not have in-store?
Service and returns for online and in-store experiences
- How satisfied were you with the service overall?
- How knowledgeable was the staff?
- Did someone help you while you were shopping today?
- How friendly was the staff?
- How helpful was the staff?
- [Website/app/self-checkout] made it easy for me to purchase the product.
- How well did the staff understand your needs?
- Was your customer service issue resolved?
- How satisfied are you with the resolution of your customer service issue?
- [Website/store] made it easy to make a return.
- How fair is the return policy?
- How satisfied are you with the return policy?
- [Website/store/agent] made it easy for me to resolve my customer service issue.
- How satisfied are you with the warranty?
- What is your age group?
- Select your gender.
- Please enter the city you live in.
- Please select your educational qualification.
- Are you into a business, profession, or job?
Product information on your website and in-store
- How satisfied are you with the product information provided?
- How satisfied are you with the product images provided?
- Are the product demos helpful?
- How can we improve your understanding of the product?
Open-ended follow-up questions
- What was the reason for your visit today?
- How often do you visit the store?
- Did a coupon or promotion bring you into the store today?
- How did you hear about us?
- What other [brands/retailers] did you consider purchasing this product from?
- Is there anything else you’d like to tell us?
- Can we contact you to follow up in more detail on your responses?
The feedback you gather from retail surveys helps you understand what your customers want, enhance your retail CX, and maintain a competitive advantage over your direct competitors.
Are you looking to create and automate surveys by yourself? SurveySparrow provides you with everything you need to create and conduct conversational surveys!
Our surveys typically tend to boost survey responses and create pleasant experiences. Most of your customers will complete your survey as they would be pleased to take surveys that are conversational in nature.
SurveySparrow provides you with a simple drag-and-drop interface and free survey templates.
If you’re looking to boost your survey responses and create pleasant experiences, take SurveySparrow for a spin today!
Have you got any questions about retail surveys? Got any interesting best practices or tips for creating retail surveys? Let us know in the comment section below.
If you’re wondering whether SurveySparrow is the right fit for you and would rather have someone walk you through our platform, reach out to us for a free, personalized demo!