Human Resources professionals are responsible for a great deal of paperwork and administrative tasks. If your organization doesn’t have an HR ticketing system, then you’re likely wasting time and manpower tracking employee issues manually.
An HR ticketing tool automates this process. So it’s easier and faster for employees to get help when they need it. Additionally, a ticketing system can help make HR processes more streamlined and organized. Like, for example: tracking employee files and onboarding new employees.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss:
- HR ticketing tool: Definition
- Using SurveySparrow as an HR Ticketing System
- Five Reasons Why an HR Helpdesk Ticketing System is a Must-Have
- Five Essential Features of an HR Ticketing System
What is an HR Ticketing System?
An HR ticketing system is a software solution that serves as a help desk for Human Resources personnel.
HR ticketing systems are designed to streamline communication between employees and HR staff. At the same time, they provide better visibility into inquiries, complaints, and requests.
An HR ticketing tool also allows users to submit tickets online or via email. Additionally, each ticket contains detailed information relevant to any HR-related request.
Using SurveySparrow as an HR Ticketing System
SurveySparrow lets our users collect, track and manage employee feedback from different platforms in its interface. Let’s see how we can use its surveys and forms to quickly set up an HR ticketing system.
- Trigger the workflow for creating a ticket from the survey response itself.
- Create a new ticket with the name of the survey, description and respondent email.
- Head to the main dashboard to view and manage all of the incoming tickets.
- Choose ticket priority, status and due date, and assign to a team member.
- Need to add a comment, suggestion or word of advice for your colleague without interrupting the conversation? Use the Internal Notes feature.
You can create a free account to try this feature. Sign up below.
Five Reasons Why an HR Helpdesk Ticketing System is a Must-Have
An HR ticketing system helps in:
- Automating the management of incoming feedback.
- Assigning them to the correct team members for resolution.
- Eliminating manual processing of requests.
This saves time and frees up HR personnel to focus on more pressing tasks.
Users can access an HR ticketing tool from anywhere, anytime. How does this help?
- Employees no longer need to wait for office hours or send multiple emails to get answers to their queries. All they need is internet access and a device to submit tickets online.
- This means your HR team can optimize the overall employee experience – regardless of whether they are working in a remote, hybrid or office role.
An integrated HR helpdesk ticketing system provides HR with the ability to check the status of the requests in real-time.
- This reduces frustration and ensures timely resolution of issues.
- It also ensures that no ticket goes unanswered – all inquiries are logged and tracked within the software’s database.
- HR ticketing systems organizes all internal requests from various sources – email, Teams, Slack or live chat.
- You can set and use canned responses to answer repetitive questions.
By providing a comprehensive audit trail of communication, an HR ticketing system helps ensure compliance with internal policies and external regulations.
- This allows HR teams to demonstrate that they are taking appropriate action in response to employee feedback, inquiries, complaints, and requests.
- Moreover, this provides a searchable database for previous issues. For HRs who struggle with supporting decisions with enough data, an HR ticketing tool is a must-have.
For example: Suppose that 30% of your tickets are for training requests. To reduce the volume of these requests, you can consider possible actions like refining the training material, expanding its scope or allocating a bigger budget for employee skill development.
By eliminating manual processing of tickets and improving overall efficiency, an HR ticketing system:
- Helps reduce operational costs.
- Increases productivity at the same time.
Five Essential Features of an HR Ticketing System
- Easy-to-Use Interface: An intuitive user interface is essential for HR and Operations teams to easily track tickets towards completion – without getting overwhelmed or confused by too many features.
- Automated Workflows: Automated workflows streamline the entire process – from ticket submission to resolution. This helps ensure that HR can address each inquiry quickly and efficiently with minimal manual effort.
- Reporting and Analytics: This feature allows HR personnel to monitor, analyze, and track all tickets in real-time, providing a better understanding of the trends and issues that arise within the organization.
- Customization & Integration: Many ticketing systems are designed to be customized and integrated with other software solutions such as ERPs (Enterprise Resource Planning systems). This helps streamline communication between departments and prevents important inquiries from falling through the cracks due to siloed information.
- Security & Privacy: An HR ticketing system should provide secure channels for communication between users and HR staff, ensuring confidential data is not accessed by unauthorized parties. Moreover, access levels should be customizable to ensure only those authorized can access certain information.
The HR ticketing system is an invaluable tool for any organization looking to streamline employee communication and improve their overall efficiency.
It ensures timely resolution of issues, and provides a better understanding of the trends and problems that arise within the organization.
With its robust features and customizable capabilities, an HR ticketing system can be tailored to fit any organization’s needs.