1. We at SurveySparrow Inc., and its affiliates/subsidiaries (collectively “SurveySparrow”, “we”, “us” and “ours”) want to ensure that a notice for the removal or deprecation of a functionality of our services, is infact provided.
2. A deprecated feature is a feature that appears in a prior version and is not recommended for continued use, is discontinued and is superseded by an alternative implementation. SurveySparrow reserves the right to deprecate, modify, or remove features from any new version; provided, however, SurveySparrow will use reasonable efforts to avoid deprecating or eliminating any function which is currently being substantially used by customers.
SurveySparrow will use reasonable efforts to post notices of feature deprecations well in advance and will highlight any deprecated features within the appropriate release notes.
2. Why does SurveySparrow deprecate features
1. This is done so that we continually improve and offer solutions that are up to date with the current norms of work.
2. This is done with the goal of improving user experience.
3. Supporting outdated features negatively impacts the value that SurveySparrow brings to its customers.
4. Features are deprecated due to a better way to deliver that functionality. The maintenance of both old and new features negatively impacts the human resources and also the costs to support the product which thereby impacts future development plans.
3. The Messaging
1. In-product message: SurveySparrow will provide an alert to all admins on any account that may be affected by feature removal.
2. Email Notifications: SurveySparrow may also use Email to communicate information around feature removal.
4. The Milestones
1. Announcements: Once an announcement is made, SurveySparrow will cease all upkeep, enhancements or improvements to that particular feature. Our intention is to let you know as early as possible that we are making a change and to help you if you are impacted by that change.
2. Feature deprecation or removal: This refers to the removal date itself. It may result in the feature being removed entirely from your account or you may automatically be migrated to a new feature.